New E-TRAC little help please

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The numbers are great indicators, but the sound is more important. Once you have used your machine for awhile you will see what I'm talking about. Look at depth , numbers , and where the cursor lies on the screen and you can usually determine if you want to dig that target. A test garden is highly recomended. It took me weeks to master mine, but now I love it. I got the book E-TRAC and Explorer by Andy Sabich and it is worth its weight in gold , I highly recomend it.

The numbers are great indicators, but the sound is more important. Once you have used your machine for awhile you will see what I'm talking about. Look at depth , numbers , and where the cursor lies on the screen and you can usually determine if you want to dig that target. A test garden is highly recomended. It took me weeks to master mine, but now I love it. I got the book E-TRAC and Explorer by Andy Sabich and it is worth its weight in gold , I highly recomend it.

Thanks I'm well versed in the sounds of a Minelab but I'm interested what numbers are what on the etrac how far down the number do you dig if that makes sense

lifted from my website to save time..

"I like to keep it simple. I prefer 2 tones, and I null out anything above 14 ferrous. I have never found anything yet worth digging past that. In all honesty, you could probably get away with just using the 2 – 14 ferrous values. 12 usually being the magic number".

lifted from my website to save time..

"I like to keep it simple. I prefer 2 tones, and I null out anything above 14 ferrous. I have never found anything yet worth digging past that. In all honesty, you could probably get away with just using the 2 – 14 ferrous values. 12 usually being the magic number".

Thanks that helps I'm just trying to figure out what numbers to dig

Grata on your new detector. I look forward to watching your videos of your finds with your etrac

Grata on your new detector. I look forward to watching your videos of your finds with your etrac

hey thanks im hoping to get out tomorrow on its maiden voyage i will post videos if i do

Wish I could help, I use Minelab buy watching those numbers would drive me nuts.

I understand the sounds just fine but numbers are what I want what's the lowest number you have dug and it turned out to be a coin Fe and co

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back