What's new

New Etrac confirms Im lazy!?

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
1,221
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New Etrac confirms I'm lazy!?

I recently purchased a new Etrac. I obviously don't know the machine yet, but on land I've previously "pounded", I'm gettin' clear signals at the 10-12 inch range! Guess I'm gonna have to bulk up.
Any help for a Etrac newbie is appreciated.
Thanks
Peace
 
Wish I had the muscle power to swing one. From everything I have read over the years they are awesome machines. Congrats on your new purchase.
 
Get a shovel.
 
Thankyou both.
I have modified a "knock-off" swingy thingy to lighten the load. ;)
A shovel wasn't an option in the park I was detecting. But, I am looking at additional Lesche products for other sites.
Thanks again.
Peace
 
cincinnati-kid, here's a word of advice for getting used to the tooty-fluty sounds of the etrac: If you're working a target rich environment (junky turf, etc....), then try this:

a) Black out everything on your screen (to reject), except penny/dime and higher. In that way you'll only hear copper pennies, dimes, quarters, etc... Do that for several hours or a day. Granted you'll only get "gimmee" signals, and perhaps miss out on deeper ones that have odd bounces, but .... just do it anyhow.

b) the next day return to the junky turf site, and lower the disc. edit pattern down to where you accept in zinc and up. Repeat the process.

c) the next day return to the junky turf site, and lower the disc. edit down to where you're now accepting corroded zinc, beefy square tabs, etc...

d) the next day lower the disc. down to where you're accepting round tabs.

e) the next day lowered to where you get nickels.

And so on, and so forth. Finally you can run ferrous with the screen wide open (or conductive with only iron knocked out). In THIS way, the tooty-fluty sounds will make much more sense.
 
Thanks Tom!
Outta the box I installed the A.Sabisch coin program and went to a park. Man, was that a bad idea. I dug everything, the sounds totally overwhelmed me.
I will take your advice.
Thanks
Peace
 
hey cincinnati kid: Someone ought to tell dear mr. Andy Sabisch (you reading this Andy?) of this common occurrance. That while it's advisable to listen to all the sounds, so as-to-let your ears choose, and compare to surrounding targets, etc.... Great advice for lots of hunting areas. You can then hear the "wayward bounces", etc....

But heaven-help the poor soul who's never had an orchestra machine like that! If they're coming from a non-tone-ID machine, they will inititally pull their hair out and hate it ! It will sound like a flock of sick geese. With utterly no mental benchmarks of what's shallow, what's deep, mids versus highs versus lows versus iron, etc....

My method of starting with a super narrow niche (very high disc) and going out to a place abundant with easy modern clad, is the best way. Oh sure you'll only get 25 or 30 modern clad penny/dimes and a quarter or two. And sure, you'll "miss gold rings". But by the 6th or 10th day, of having progressively lowered the mask/pattern blacking, THEN the lights will go on, and the tooty-fluty sounds will make sense.

They ought to put that in the instructions too (you listening minelab? haha)
 
it's are you listening mine lab get it together mine lab sheeesh


mine lab is Australian for fun.....




liftloop
 
I recently purchased a new Etrac. I obviously don't know the machine yet, but on land I've previously "pounded", I'm gettin' clear signals at the 10-12 inch range! Guess I'm gonna have to bulk up.
Any help for a Etrac newbie is appreciated.
Thanks
Peace

Congrats on the new Etrac, but you're on your own as far as bulking up! :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom