What's new

New Field...Hotspot.... Hit the SILVER CELTIC

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,308
Reaction score
48,556
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We travelled back to the hotspot we found yesterday to continue our gridding.

The roman coins were less concentrated but we still got 17 in 5 hours (10 man hours). Picked up plenty of roman tesseri, all large reworked roofing tiles. This floor would have been a basic practical one for the industrial workers. I was really hoping for a Roman Silver Coin of this site, later I realised these workers would not be carry to many of these around. Its not the same as a normal Villa site.

As I was teasing Dad that I didn't care that he is 8 to my 5 roman coins, because I'm going to get the nice Roman Silver, (We finished with a score of 9 / 8 to me) I dug a CELTIC SILVER :o :

TASCIOVANUS - 10BC-20AD - Winged Horse Left, Griffin right In great condition as well. This makes up for 20 roman silver at least. Its my 3rd Celtic Coin this year (2 silver, 1 gold)!

2 Roman Brooches
1 Roman pinhead
My first Roman Phallic Pendant
Celtic fittment - whatzit
Stunning part of a Norman hawking swivell (might be early med, but I'm betting on Norman) - Rare
My first Coin of NERO AD67
I very nice crotal bell

What a difference a weekend on the right field makes. The crop will be showing soon, so today maybe it for awhile. :'(
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 637
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    86.1 KB · Views: 631
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 620
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 627
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    59.2 KB · Views: 619
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    64.5 KB · Views: 624
  • 7.webp
    7.webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 592
  • 8.webp
    8.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 587
  • 9.webp
    9.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 588
  • 10.webp
    10.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 581
Upvote 0
Very nice!! You did it again! The Celtic silver is outstanding! Do not leave that site until you vacum it up. Congrats Pannonian
 
PANNONIAN said:
Very nice!! You did it again! The Celtic silver is outstanding! Do not leave that site until you vacum it up. Congrats Pannonian




i bet that your were one of those kids at school that never lost his pen or pencil and was good at everything!

i hated them kids :wink:

a very impressive group of finds as ever! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Cru,

As usual I'm jealous, I especially like the Thimble as I collect them! Keep it up,HH
 
Hi Cru, just great finds and Again! How do you two do it? All the finds are just great! The bell is also great, of course along with your silver Celtic and artifacts, especially the pendant! What is the object on the left side of the 4th photo, looks like a ring but is it that?
 
woody50 said:
Hi Cru, just great finds and Again! How do you two do it? All the finds are just great! The bell is also great, of course along with your silver Celtic and artifacts, especially the pendant! What is the object on the left side of the 4th photo, looks like a ring but is it that?

Its a broken up roman brooch.

shaun7 said:
PANNONIAN said:
Very nice!! You did it again! The Celtic silver is outstanding! Do not leave that site until you vacum it up. Congrats Pannonian




i bet that your were one of those kids at school that never lost his pen or pencil and was good at everything!

i hated them kids :wink:

a very impressive group of finds as ever! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I was average at all my school work & sports as well.
 
CRUSADER said:
woody50 said:
Hi Cru, just great finds and Again! How do you two do it? All the finds are just great! The bell is also great, of course along with your silver Celtic and artifacts, especially the pendant! What is the object on the left side of the 4th photo, looks like a ring but is it that?

Its a broken up roman brooch.

shaun7 said:
PANNONIAN said:
Very nice!! You did it again! The Celtic silver is outstanding! Do not leave that site until you vacum it up. Congrats Pannonian




i bet that your were one of those kids at school that never lost his pen or pencil and was good at everything!

i hated them kids :wink:

a very impressive group of finds as ever! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I was average at all my school work & sports as well.




you certainly excell at metal detecting!
:thumbsup:
 
Crusader you & Cru-Dad blow my mind !!!!!!!!

Two reasons , The age of your finds and that your always on top of what you've found. Its simpy AMAZING !! Your the man !

My oldest coin so far is the Phillip IV cob but doesnt compare to what you have. I :notworthy: to your coins !

CONGRATS as always :occasion14:

Derek :icon_profileleft:
 
Derek752 said:
Crusader you & Cru-Dad blow my mind !!!!!!!!

Two reasons , The age of your finds and that your always on top of what you've found. Its simpy AMAZING !! Your the man !

My oldest coin so far is the Phillip IV cob but doesnt compare to what you have. I :notworthy: to your coins !

CONGRATS as always :occasion14:

Derek :icon_profileleft:

Kind words, thanks. We only do so well because we are obsessive & spend many hours out in Gods country.

If your Cob is silver then your one up on me. Spanish Silver is still on my wish list (no. 6).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom