New Fisher F-19 Metal Detector

I think it will go as deep as the T2. You got Beach mode. The Iron sound's close to the T2 Think they build it around the T2. I have ran the GP Pro & F75se now have the T2se. I think it is Refined T2SE only Better.

Bill

I think it will go as deep as the T2. You got Beach mode. The Iron sound's close to the T2 Think they build it around the T2. I have ran the GP Pro & F75se now have the T2se. I think it is Refined T2SE only Better.

Bill

Since I've used both the t2se & the f75se which do u like better how do they compare to each other I went with f75ltd over the t2se

Like the T2SE little better because of the iron. Toss up really. Hunt old house's does better on iron other than that. Both Machines are Great.

Bill

I must admit that the speculation gets me tickled. "it will be great"..... "it can't be good" ....... "it's just another####". Would say it is safe to say that it is made by a reputable company and will have those who like it, those who love it, and those who say it isn't any good. Don't think any of us will know until some of the experienced hunters give it a fair evaluation. Amazes me that it is catching criticism from people who have never seen, much less used the unit. Hope it is a great unit so those who purchase it will be well satisfied. Happy Hunting.

I must admit that the speculation gets me tickled. "it will be great"..... "it can't be good" ....... "it's just another####". Would say it is safe to say that it is made by a reputable company and will have those who like it, those who love it, and those who say it isn't any good. Don't think any of us will know until some of the experienced hunters give it a fair evaluation. Amazes me that it is catching criticism from people who have never seen, much less used the unit. Hope it is a great unit so those who purchase it will be well satisfied. Happy Hunting.

Enough about everyone else, what do YOU think the F19 will be?

FTP did camo long before Duck Dynasty came along. Some people like camo, some people don't. If ya don't like camo, don't buy camo.

P.S. -- I happen to be wearing a camo T-shirt right now... not Duck Dynasty, which I wouldn't be caught dead in, but rather a deal I picked up at Walmart for $1, ironically in El Paso, where FTP is located. New shirts for $1? heck I'd wear a pink camo...

Enough about everyone else, what do YOU think the F19 will be?

Hoping it will be the Trash Monster the Gold Bug Pro and G2 are. The best machine I have ever used for hunting in the iron trash after you learn a little trick with it. I got rid of mine mainly just because I wanted a new toy and was intrigued by the T2. I have not been disappointed with the T2 or G2. As we all know the Teknetics are just brothers to the Fisher machines and I have absolutely no brand loyalty to either. I do know the T2 is deeper, but feel the G2 had an edge in the trash. A unit combines some of the best features of both would be awesome. I don't think that any of the major manufacturers have a true lemon out there right now (Not that I know of anyway). With sites like Tnet out there, releasing a poor performing machine could literally ruin a company as so much information is now shared online by hunters. I think the new F19 will be another fine detector by Fisher but like most of us just don't know enough about it to guess where it is supposed to fit in the lineup. The price would indicate that it better be a performer. Just hoping Fisher and Tesoro soon jump on the boat with detectors that will compete with the AT Pro's water hunting ability. I am a usually not one to jump on board with anything brand new until I hear a little feedback so I guess I will lurk around here until some of the hunters I know and trust give it an objective review. Heck I am working so many hours lately I am afraid the ones I have will run away from home. Best of luck and HH

Hoping it will be the Trash Monster the Gold Bug Pro and G2 are. The best machine I have ever used for hunting in the iron trash after you learn a little trick with it. I got rid of mine mainly just because I wanted a new toy and was intrigued by the T2. I have not been disappointed with the T2 or G2. As we all know the Teknetics are just brothers to the Fisher machines and I have absolutely no brand loyalty to either. I do know the T2 is deeper, but feel the G2 had an edge in the trash. A unit combines some of the best features of both would be awesome. I don't think that any of the major manufacturers have a true lemon out there right now (Not that I know of anyway). With sites like Tnet out there, releasing a poor performing machine could literally ruin a company as so much information is now shared online by hunters. I think the new F19 will be another fine detector by Fisher but like most of us just don't know enough about it to guess where it is supposed to fit in the lineup. The price would indicate that it better be a performer. Just hoping Fisher and Tesoro soon jump on the boat with detectors that will compete with the AT Pro's water hunting ability. I am a usually not one to jump on board with anything brand new until I hear a little feedback so I guess I will lurk around here until some of the hunters I know and trust give it an objective review. Heck I am working so many hours lately I am afraid the ones I have will run away from home. Best of luck and HH
I would not be so sure! I've seen (and given) many poor reviews regarding a particular beep & dig machine, yet most still keep believing only the good reviews they see, & will continue to be loyal to the brand regardless of reviews by people who have hunted extensively with it. The only Fisher products I've owned are 2 F2's and a New Gold Bug. The F2 was so good I bought another 3 years later. The New Gold Bug (not the Pro) was a huge letdown. Not even 7" on a quarter in air test and couldn't find a 6 grain lead pellet on the surface in my backyard. I sent it back the same day assuming it was defective. None the less, I would love to try another Fisher.

I would not be so sure! I've seen (and given) many poor reviews regarding a particular beep & dig machine, yet most still keep believing only the good reviews they see, & will continue to be loyal to the brand regardless of reviews by people who have hunted extensively with it. The only Fisher products I've owned are 2 F2's and a New Gold Bug. The F2 was so good I bought another 3 years later. The New Gold Bug (not the Pro) was a huge letdown. Not even 7" on a quarter in air test and couldn't find a 6 grain lead pellet on the surface in my backyard. I sent it back the same day assuming it was defective. None the less, I would love to try another Fisher.

Well sure hope it is a homerun for Fisher. Not as much for their sake, but for those of us who put our hard earned money into the machines we buy. My last couple have been great machines. Been wanting a "beep & dig" for a backup and to wade into some of the heavy trash with less chatter. I may take a harder look at some of the reviews before I drop the hammer on one now ....ha ha. I do know that nothing enhances the performance of a machine more than a hunter that knows how to use it. Technology is making it easier, but nothing replaces swingtime to increase productivity with a machine. I have seen a great hunter use a mediocre machine and put a spanking on myself and many others with machines that no doubt should have had an edge on his. I think it will take a while to get a clear picture of the F19's performance.

Fisher: "The Best Relic Machine Ever!"

We won't discuss Garrett's ridiculous pricing.

Thank god for that -

Its apparent you don't like Garrett - so get over it - This threads about an overpriced substandard Fisher F19 - May I suggest if you wish to continue rubbishing other manufacturers, find a quiet room somewhere else .........

Thank god for that -

Its apparent you don't like Garrett - so get over it - This threads about an overpriced substandard Fisher F19 - May I suggest if you wish to continue rubbishing other manufacturers, find a quiet room somewhere else .........
That is funny I don't care who you are.

If you want to see the F19 in action a couple of videos on youtube by dirtfishing are there, one showing features, the other testing with live digs. Very informative.

FYI, the first shipments of F19s are being replaced - some of the units were deemed to need repair/recalibration. New units should be back in dealer hands next week.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

The new F19 appears to be designed on the Fisher F5 process. The F75/T2 are default processes and the newer F5 process is what Fisher has moved to.

“F5 process” The Fisher F5 and “new” Gold Bug, and the Teknetics Delta, Gamma, and Omega use a process first developed for the F5. The “F5 process” is a variation on the “default” process which emphasizes quieter operation in heavy iron trash. -Dave Johnson Essays (Fisher site).

Also under Daves Essays, he explains:

Interactions between controls There are many types of discriminators, all of which have some effect on “air test sensitivity”. The most common pattern (nearly universal in older all-analog machines) is that “air test sensitivity” decreases slightly as discrimination is increased. Most of our recent designs do discrimination entirely in software, where control settings are actually data which don’t necessarily do the same things to signals that circuit components used to do. In the case of the T2 and F75, those differences were confusing to some users. In general if a T2 or F75 seems too noisy, the solution is to set the discrimination level to the iron range; and if that doesn’t do the job, also reduce the sensitivity setting. In the F70, F5, Omega and Gamma which are more recent designs, the interactions between control settings and signals are even more complex, but we did a better job of hiding the details thereby giving the user an improved sense of predictability.

Why the F19? The CPU is more advanced with firmware improvements and abilities.

The metal detecting world was first introduced to the word “processes” with the Fisher F75, which offers the user a selection of several different processes. For the convenience of the user we give processes names, but we say very little about how the process actually works in software because that’s a trade secret. In a few cases savvy users have made correct guesses as to what was going on in software, but we don’t confirm that the guess is correct.

We’re not a company who stands still. Over the last several years we have introduced a whole series of new products on several new hardware platforms, and have constantly advanced the science of target signal processing. In the future we plan to introduce new processes which, although they may “feel” like a member of the T2 process family, will operate on different principles and will produce results of a kind which are not attained by any metal detector presently available.

Dave Johnson
Chief Designer, FTP-Fisher

One only has to know that Fisher has improved the process that detects metal. And because of trade secrets, you may judge the outside as one thing, but will not recognize the inner improvements until it's compared with other previous units.

(Of course, recalls don't look good. But it does say the company listens and works quickly to improve the experience.)

I am seeing a trend by First Texas to try to combine the power of the F75 with the control of the F5. They still haven't given up on the menu driven interface but using a knob to make adjustments. Whereas the F5 allows you to make any adjustment on the fly with no menus. I feel the next detector should be the F80 with all of the control of the F5 and the power of the F75. That would be a machine! Make it sexy not cheap looking.

Make it look like a real experienced detectorist would use with all the useful info displayed in the GUI with knob adjustments and put some horsepower under the hood.

With the gain knob going to 99 then the next turn of the knob puts you in boost mode.

Everyone seems to want depth. According to Dave Johnson, they don't have a problem making detectors go deeper. It's all about the ability to ID as well. Deeper detectors won't ID shallower targets as well. To get depth you give up definition of more shallow targets. Considering 95% of all buried targets are at 6" or less, I think they have done good even reaching the 8" mark with the F5. I play the odds of taking from the 95% since there is more of them, and leave the 12" 5% to the deeper seekers. I get frustrated with bigger deeper holes for 1 coin when in the same amount of time I can dig 3 or more 6 inchers. My F5 IDs perfectly for which I usually dig (8" tops).

From my understanding of targets in the ground, they usually don't sink much deeper than 6" over time. It's the targets that have been buried by added soil and plowing disturbances that reside deeper. My point? Deeper doesn't mean older or better.

Just my observation over the years.

I was going to get one mainly for a backlight that can be turned on or off, however after watching the video (18 min. one) there are too many things I don't like about it.

I don't like the sound of it.
I don't like how the sound drops off with distance to what appeared to be almost nothing at about 6 inches.

Maybe it is very similar to ETP as they are only good for 7 inches MAX.
I've only night hunted once in 7 years anyway, and if I ever do again I guess I'll have a headlight on anyway, and won't need a backlight...right ?

It's only 2 ounces lighter than my omega, at a cost of less tones, and "apparently" less depth too, and more money to boot.
I find notch to be a fairly useless feature on any detector so I don't care if you can move it around or not.

I doubt very much it can hunt in iron any better than Omega either as that is where I do most of my hunting, and it is pretty damn good at it.

Would like to see a air test for depth just the same, at this point though pretty sure I won't be getting one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back