Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time using it, saved a lot of time with recoveries. Especailly night hunting recover a bunch of targets then work my way back to the lighted area. First target with new sifter was Saphire ring I posted on todays finds yesterday.

2x4 frame, with double 1/4" mesh, 1x2 to hold mesh in place.
1" of blue styrofoam screwed to the outside edge and wrapped with duct tape. The blue webbing with clips attaches to my belt.
So far it works like a charm, My first target in it was the Saphire ring I posted yesterday.

Chicago Ron

Attachments

• saphire ring.jpg
    saphire ring.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 439
  • sifter 005.jpg
    sifter 005.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 457
  • saphire ring.jpg
    saphire ring.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 425
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to use all manner of sifters when I started. Now with the scoop I use the material falls thru before I usually get it up so there is nothing to dump into the sifter. Plus it saves carrying something else to the water and back.

Very nice looking ring.

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
very nice and clean work, i built a many of them, back in the 80's . works great when hunting in muddy places. i have some 3/8 inch ss mesh wire right now just need the time to put one together again,

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Heres a picture of sifter that i use

its heavy duty plastic, so i can use a vibra probe to locate small stuff in gravel, etc.
i have a clip on sifter that i clip to my scoop and put over my shoulder to carry to the water so no extra effort is required. i leave my vibra probe in it holster right on sifter along with junk bag & drinking water bottle.
i put my scoop in it when not in use and for that reason alone i wouldn't consider going water hunting without it.
i've used it in 4 ft waves in lake michigan and let me tell you the sifter wasn't the problem!

hh

Attachments

• rev. b side view.jpg
    rev. b side view.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 274
  • rev. b side view.jpg
    rev. b side view.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 274

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread