New Garrett at pro makes old spot new

richeysd76

Oct 28, 2013
spotsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Garrett at pro, fisher f4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i got my Xmas present early a new AT PRO. So me and my dad decided on an old house spot that's been hammered to death so I could see what I could do with the new machine. This place is loaded with iron so I used the 5x8 coil and within 10 min got a small flat button a little bit later got a 2 ringer bullet that looked like it was smashed square on its sides. I found 2 dropped 2 ringers 1 broken j hook and I believe a knapsack hook that's all bent up a few pieces of lead and a few small rivets and 4 toasted wheat pennies. I know its nothing great but after using a fisher f4 here before the at pro made a huge difference and I'm still learning the machine Thanks for looking IMG_20141210_164257_309.jpg

Upvote 4
Some nice finds! I been wanting to find some old bullets myself. What was the deepest target you dug?

Thanks, I would say probably about 10" on one of the bullets. Forgot to mention my dad got a 3 ringer and half of an old sash buckle. Also got the garrett pro pointer man that saves some time digging

Yes sir those pro pointers are nice. i coudnt hunt with out one. The reason i ask is i been having depth issues with my pro. Im been doing this about a year and havent found anything over 4 inches deep. Might have to post a thread and see if i can get some help. Anyways some really cool bullets and good luck with the pro

You won't take the small coil off....it's a game changer.

You won't take the small coil off....it's a game changer.

Couln't agree more, it's big enough, AND small enough. The weight MUCH better, and the seperation is superbly better, added all up the detector is about 1000 times better with the 5 X 8 over stock. IMO it should have been the stock coil.

For the guy only getting 4 inches, well what will it air test at ? "just maybe" there are no targets deeper than 4 inches where you are hunting. Your not using a lot of disc, and notching I'll assume, because the detector is capable of quite a bit more than that....everywhere.

Sorry OP, good finds, and I'm glad you are liking your "christmas" present.

Thanks Rick and Gaspipe but how about farm fields with little trash should I use stock coil for more coverage per sweep

nice digs man!That altered Gardner is a nice find.Utoh!

Yes, or do what I did and buy a NEL Big coil.
That's what I'm talking about got the Nel storm and even in trashy areas I killed. Just go super slow

Yes the AT Pro is a game changer for sure especially with the 5x8 coil. I got the 5x8 coil and a pro pointer a couple of weeks ago and am very happy with them both. The AT Pro seems to get better every time I take it out!

Had over a year and have never take off the 5x8 and doubt I ever will. It works incredible in where I hunt in trash filled 100+year old lots and I see no loss of depth. Have found coins easily 10 inches.

Yes the AT Pro is a game changer for sure especially with the 5x8 coil. I got the 5x8 coil and a pro pointer a couple of weeks ago and am very happy with them both. The AT Pro seems to get better every time I take it out!

The MD isn't getting better, you are!.... :headbang:

I feel the exact same way as you, I bought my AT Pro 2 years ago and I go almost exclusively to hunted out spots that no one goes to anymore and still manage to pull deep silver. The 5X8 coil is great for trashy areas and the NEL Tornado is just the ticket for the large yards or fields and can sniff out silver dimes at 10+" with no problems.
Congrats and Happy Hunting1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back