What's new

New guy from Maryland...

wagon55

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 11, 2018
Messages
6
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Havre de Grace, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett A/T Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks! I live in Harford county, Maryland. Been reading a little here and there on the forum for a little while. Was looking for something for my 8 year old daughter and I to do together. Had wanted to try MD’n for a long time, but was, for lack of a better term, afraid of what people thought. You know, the older guy on the beach with Jesus sandals and white socks up to his knees. I have always been intrigued with local and U.S. history and happened to stumble across some of the popular YouTube channels. After immersing myself and my daughter into watching hours upon hours of these videos, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I finally bought a detector for myself and my daughter back in March. Spent some time in my own yard, some friends yards and my wife’s family farm. Nothing notable to brag about yet, but every time we or just I go out, it’s wicked exciting to me! My daughter on the other hand, if we aren’t finding things, she loses interest quickly. Totally understandable for an 8 year old. Unfortunately, where I live, most of the public parks and such are off limits, and I’ve come to the realization that I’m just gonna have to suck it up and start door knocking and actually talk to strangers. I know once I do it the first time, it will be easy. Just taking that first step is always the hardest. Either way, sorry for the long winded post. Hopefully I’ll be posting some good finds in the near future.
 
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋 Got my younger daughter interested when she was 8, too. But just as my "digger". When she uncovered her first silver, tho...she made Dad get her her own machine. 😁
 
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Maryland for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
 
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters -- welcome to our community!
 
Ok, let's get something straight right off the bat. You're really exaggerating about the socks. They only come up to mid calf.

Welcome to T-Net from a fellow Marylander! I live in Perry Hall near the Big Gunpowder State Park. We're practically neighbors!
 
Welcome from Mississippi.
 
A Big Welcome to you to the Tnet forum from Georgia from the land of rain followed by scattered thunderstorms late afternoon, nearly everyday. Best of luck to you and your daughter on your hunting adventures. Keep at it and the treasures will come. We look forward to seeing pic's of some great finds in the near future.
 
Welcome also from Harford. Around here the best options are door knocking. It works pretty well. Don't hesitate to meander over to Cecil Co. and go get a Baltimore County Parks and Rec permit for both of you. It's not far and you can find some stuff there.
 
Welcome to T-Net from Northern Virginia :hello:
 
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:
 
Welcome! There are a bunch of us right around. I am in town but romp around a little. Hope to see you out there. Knocking doors is the way to go. I search in parks on occasion but never find much there.
 
Welcome from the Shenandoah Valley of VA! sounds like you've already got some good advice and maybe you can also look up where old homesites might have been and if on private property, research the owner and looking into access. Also, anyone in the family or friends that may have farm or private property you can get access to. See if you can get old photos of what structures may have been there and no longer standing as places to hunt. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!
 
Welcome from Calvert County MD. Just starting out, you may want to look into local beaches for some easier digging than around homesites - unless the homes are long gone and just ruins or cellar holes surrounded by fields. A lightweight plastic scoop could make it fun for your daughter to sift the dry sand of the upper beach. Look into the rules for the beaches and hit them in the early morning before the crowds and heat get too bad.
 
Welcome from Niagara Falls.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom