EODsmitty

Aug 21, 2012
Harker Heights, Tx
Detector(s) used
MIMID, ACE 350, Garret tactical pointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all,

I am new to detecting for a hobby, but I am not new to detecting mines! LoL. I am in the U.S. Army and serve as an Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Soldier. I have an MIMID. Here is the link to my detector Introduction - Schiebel I am also looking for any information on metal detecting in Korea. I am going to go to the beaches of Incheon. Might find some stuff left over from one the largest amphibious assault in history. If anyone has been to Korea and have any tips on places to go hunt, please feel free to share. Thanks in advance!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Smitty,
Daily, as a kid, I would watch the battle line in the Chicago Tribune. Incheon was certainly a changing point in that war.
You might try the Pohang-Goryongpo Beach for war and modern finds. I believe that was an LZ and today may be a popular beachfront. Thanks for serving; God speed home.
Don...

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God bless you and thank you for your service! Welcome to TNet - a great group of people.

Closest I've ever been to Korea is California, so I can't help you there. Good luck on your hunts and make sure you post pictures of your finds.

HH,
Anita (Mother of a Marine)

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Smitty, I probably don't need to say it, but make sure you check laws before you go MD'ing. would hate to see you get in trouble. & as ac1955 said thank you for your service. hope you find lots of treasures, & post pics! we wanna see what you find. HH! mamabear

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread