new guy

larrymo

Greenie
Mar 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well. I'm the new guy. I've been toying around with the idea of doing some prospecting for several years now. And while talking about it to a guy at work. He made me a deal on a 5 in. keene dredge that I could'nt refuse 500.00 It has been very well taken care of and everything is in exelent condition, other than the pump. I need to replace the impeller and outboard side of the pump. Or buy a complete pump minus engine. But in the mean time I'm tryi g to learn as much as possible and get some more equipment. I have five kixs and we're all getting excited on going to look for gold. So any type of support equipment that any of you can advise me o would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Larry

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
larrymo said:
Well. I'm the new guy. I've been toying around with the idea of doing some prospecting for several years now. And while talking about it to a guy at work. He made me a deal on a 5 in. keene dredge that I could'nt refuse 500.00 It has been very well taken care of and everything is in exelent condition, other than the pump. I need to replace the impeller and outboard side of the pump. Or buy a complete pump minus engine. But in the mean time I'm tryi g to learn as much as possible and get some more equipment. I have five kixs and we're all getting excited on going to look for gold. So any type of support equipment that any of you can advise me o would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Larry
Welcome aboard Warning there is no cure for the FEVER thats a smoking deal on the dredge hope you are not in California :occasion14:

OP
OP
L

larrymo

Greenie
Mar 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No. I'm in south central wyoming. Why? is cali a bad place to prospect?

OP
OP
L

larrymo

Greenie
Mar 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cali aready had enough stupid laws on a variaty of different subjects. Why would they add another stupid law to their books. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
larry you got a steal on that 5!! south central Wyoming is a good place to dredge! i got to the Medicine Bow Mountains every year to dredge. but it has a 3 inch intake limit on the nozzel. i bush my nozzel down from 4 to 3 inchs.July 1 your dredge season starts.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:evil5: BAN ??? :tongue3: WHAT BAN ?? :o I AIN'T GOT NO STINKN' BAN :hello: got good gold yesterday and it was sunny and warm here in kalifornication--tons a au 2 u 2 -John :laughing7:

OP
OP
L

larrymo

Greenie
Mar 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This dredge come with a 3 in swivel nossle. The guy I got it from already bushed it done from 5 in to 3 in. It needs a little work. A hose clamp went through the pump and destroyed the outboard side of the pump case and beat the impeller up pretty bad. Keene want about 500.00 for a new pump or about 350.00 for the replacement parts. But even at that I think I'm getting a hell of a deal.Right now I've been looking into areas to dredge this summer in the medicine bow forest south of Rob Roy resevior. But I don't know what avaliable done there yet.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:angry5: oooooooooooooooooo don't sound too good. A 3" will not run a 5" box as it need 3 Xs the water to run properly and in 50+ years of mining I have NEVER EVER heard a soneone ANYONE so stupid as to suck a clamp into the bloody pump!!! Measure box,measure input and output to pump,hp of engine,describe footvalve to protect pump,hoses length and sizes ,pontoons size and colors and PIX if humanly possibly,in a pm/open post whatever as you seem to have a mess---can be fixed and not mt your pocket --tons a au 2 u 2-John

OP
OP
L

larrymo

Greenie
Mar 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well what happened was the guy I bought it from put his discharge hose inside of his suction hose for storage. The next time he took it out to use it he pulled the discharge hose out of the suction hose and the hose clamp came off inside the suction hose. He did'nt know it had come off inside the suction hose. Thats how it sucked a hose clamp. As far as damage to the pump. It damaged the impeller and outer pump case. I thought this was a keene pump but it is a proline and I spoke with them today. For a new impeller, pump case and new seal the cost will be 365.00

OP
OP
L

larrymo

Greenie
Mar 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll try and post some pics. I just got it home yesterday afternoon. It' still packed in the back of the suburban.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parts much cheaper on craigslist and many MANY folks dumping units in kalif,just post as much as possible here info wise and help will be on it's way :headbang: John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
John he just needs to make sure that the nozzel wont allow anything bigger than 3 inchs go into the hose. he still would have all the water to feed the box.just chokeing the nozzell off to 3 inchs would do just as you say! theres always a way to gitrdone!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread