What's new

New here Garrett 350 owner

Skidder

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
56
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all not a new owner yet but just finished my order for a new Garrett Ace 350. Hope I made a decent choice. I don't want to stick a ton of $$ into another hobby but I do want to give it a try. Mostly coin hunting. Haven't done this hobby in 27 years so I'm sure these new units work much better now. Anyways I'll take any and all advice /help etc. P.s. I live in Ma. Thanks
 
Skidder
Post your questions in the Garrett Forum ...under Brands...you will find all the help you can handle....read the owners manual till you understand it ....then find clean ground no metals...put out some coins learn the sound...throw out some junk ..pull tabs/bottle caps,rusty iron nail learn them sounds Now mix them all together and try to figure that out ...so try your yard and some neighbors too before you go to the park .That 350 will find anything you get the coil over ...you will have to find your own Ground balance and sen./Disc. setting .. just remember the meter still lies Quit a bit ....just have fun HH
Gary
Gary
 
Thanks I took your advice.
 
I just got about 20 hours or so on mine, never had a detector before. Watched all Garretts instructional videos, as well as lots of others, over and over a few times. Found it easy to use, and found coins and stuff, around the yard right away. I like Jewlery mode, with a little less than half sensitivity. Cant wait till spring........I love it!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom