Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
New HF Coil brings 1st Seated and number 13 FYTD Silver
Went to the back to the permission and went swamp hunting. I was trying several programs out on the new coil at 14 khz and 28. I was digging a ton of foil and lots of very little buttons and snaps. I dug some deep pieces of pull rings as well as little pieces of lead. I managed to locate my share of fire ants again, probably twenty bites and never knew when I got into them. I found an area of tall grass in the trees that had been beat down somewhat and began digging mainly deep foil.
I was surprised at how many tiny things I was finding and pretty deep. I gave up on some because of the mud, figure they were bird shot. found 22 bullets and wire. I also adjust my disc trying to disc out more nails. I had my sensitivity cranked up to 96 and was trying to decide between 5 tones and full tones.
Then close to a large pine, in the roots, I had a higher sweet sounding hit. I finally got the signal out somehow and busted the wet dirt clod to see a thin silver. I was stoked, I just knew it was another barber and this would be my second one but as I wiped the muddy face side off I didn't see a barber. I had finally found a Seated and it was an 1891 Dime! I also found a 1919 D Wheatie so my day was awesome! When I found the dime, I wanted to take a pic but had people watching me and wanting to know if I was finding anything good. The crazy thing is these two coins are also the 1st two coins found with the new coil, no clad yet. This makes #13 silver for the year and the 34th silver from this permission. Never dreamed to find this much at this place, totally blessed I am! Yep, a Pepsi moment for me! :headbang: The wife is very jealous right now and is ready to get back out. liking the new coil and the higher freqs

Attachments

• 20180226_131827.jpg
    20180226_131827.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
  • 20180226_131859.jpg
    20180226_131859.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 86
  • 20180226_133917.jpg
    20180226_133917.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
That's one nice Seated Dime!!
Funny I was just looking at some of the seated coins that I've found over the years.
The Seated series is a beautiful bunch.
Here's to many more to come.
Congrats

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very, very nice. You are on fire.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
lots of very good help and advice from you guys

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New HF Coil brings 1st Seated and number 13 FYTD Silver
Went to the back to the permission and went swamp hunting. I was trying several programs out on the new coil at 14 khz and 28. I was digging a ton of foil and lots of very little buttons and snaps. I dug some deep pieces of pull rings as well as little pieces of lead. I managed to locate my share of fire ants again, probably twenty bites and never knew when I got into them. I found an area of tall grass in the trees that had been beat down somewhat and began digging mainly deep foil.
I was surprised at how many tiny things I was finding and pretty deep. I gave up on some because of the mud, figure they were bird shot. found 22 bullets and wire. I also adjust my disc trying to disc out more nails. I had my sensitivity cranked up to 96 and was trying to decide between 5 tones and full tones.
Then close to a large pine, in the roots, I had a higher sweet sounding hit. I finally got the signal out somehow and busted the wet dirt clod to see a thin silver. I was stoked, I just knew it was another barber and this would be my second one but as I wiped the muddy face side off I didn't see a barber. I had finally found a Seated and it was an 1891 Dime! I also found a 1919 D Wheatie so my day was awesome! When I found the dime, I wanted to take a pic but had people watching me and wanting to know if I was finding anything good. The crazy thing is these two coins are also the 1st two coins found with the new coil, no clad yet. This makes #13 silver for the year and the 34th silver from this permission. Never dreamed to find this much at this place, totally blessed I am! Yep, a Pepsi moment for me! :headbang: The wife is very jealous right now and is ready to get back out. liking the new coil and the higher freqs

Big congratulations on the seated dime! Your off to a roaring start in 2018! I hope I have half as good as luck once the ground thaws in my neck of the woods!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Big congratulations on the seated dime! Your off to a roaring start in 2018! I hope I have half as good as luck once the ground thaws in my neck of the woods!
I wish you the best of luck, hopefully your time will come quickly. This permission has made a tremendous difference for me, can't say it enough how important they can be. DL

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice coins I can’t wait to put my hf to work.I’m starting to get jealous .

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your killing it!!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done DL. That is a sweet little find. That spot has really been good to you.

Big congrats and best of luck to you sir.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is still a lot of high grass area that we haven't hunted. I had told my wife that there just had to be a seated out there after finding the barber. I had to hunt the high ground for the water saturation, the holes fill up so quickly with water. my knee pads are still soaked but oh well. I am definitely digging deeper and smaller targets. Hoping to find some gold out there but I can't complain with the silver showing itself like it has. At this rate, my display "box" (glass picture frame with cotton batting) for silver coins is getting full and am going to have to get a bigger one. Terrible dilemma but I'll deal with it, OH YEAH!

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!

If you are digging a lot of modern trash, try this program- it works just like pitch but customizable for modern trash:

start in 3 Deus Fast

Disc 10
3 tones

first tone is already set by Disc- just leave it
second tone set at 202 kHz and conductivity 68
third tone set 942 kHz- leave the conductivity alone (this will be your non ferrous good targets)

set Freq 28
React 2.5
Silencer -1
Iron Vol 1
no notch
Sens 90 (if chirpy reduce)

You won't miss a coin below your coil to about 10" deep if you are ground balanced.

Just a suggestion.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DL
I missed this post somehow !
Man any time a Seated comes up is a good day for sure !
Do you think a Low Freq. Coil would have found it ?
I ask cuz i don`t have the H. Freq. coil yet .
I`m torn between the HF Coil an, the Equionx 600
Gary

Last edited:

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DL
Gary

IMO, the LF coil would easily have found it. At Freq 8 the silver dimes should scream at around 90 conductivity.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DL
Gary

probably would have found it, only about five inches deep. now I have been digging nickle signals way deeper than before and still have little time with the coil

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find!

If you are digging a lot of modern trash, try this program- it works just like pitch but customizable for modern trash:

start in 3 Deus Fast

Disc 10
3 tones

first tone is already set by Disc- just leave it
second tone set at 202 kHz and conductivity 68
third tone set 942 kHz- leave the conductivity alone (this will be your non ferrous good targets)

set Freq 28
React 2.5
Silencer -1
Iron Vol 1
no notch
Sens 90 (if chirpy reduce)

You won't miss a coin below your coil to about 10" deep if you are ground balanced.

Just a suggestion.

thanks, I will try this. it is close to one of my programs but the changes could make a difference. I appreciate the suggestion

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds; I sure like the HF coil too. The most striking thing in your post to me was that your wife is "ready to go back out". Man I've tried to get my wife interested in MD'ing but it is a no-go so far. She is not a girly-girl either; the interest is just not there. I'm thinking if she found something good she might get the bug.

Congrats on the finds and having a wife that is a good sport!

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds; I sure like the HF coil too. The most striking thing in your post to me was that your wife is "ready to go back out". Man I've tried to get my wife interested in MD'ing but it is a no-go so far. She is not a girly-girl either; the interest is just not there. I'm thinking if she found something good she might get the bug.

Congrats on the finds and having a wife that is a good sport!

Ditto on that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread