New hunter

racing33

Jun 26, 2007
Hello,
I am brand new to treasure hunting. My father has been at it for a while now and he has got me interested in trying this out. For my birthday my dad bought me a brand new Ace 250 metal detector with a bunch of extras. So far I have unpacked the unit, put it together and read all the material that came with it as well as watched the video several times. Tomorrow I plan on doing the bench test and then trying it out for real.Anyways I just thought I would introduce myself and say hello.
Happy hunting to all.

Hello and welcome aboard. I hope you find alot of treasure with the new detector. Sounds like you have a pretty good dad there.

Thanks. I hope that with practice that I can find some interesting things from the past. Yes my dad is a real good guy. I only wish that we could go detecting together. I live in Michigan and he lives in California. It is raining here today so I think unless it clears out that I will be doing only the bench testing.
Bruce jr

Welcome to Tnet....I am sure you will be well satisfied with the Ace...It is a coin magnet. I'm sure your Dad wishes he could hunt with you also and I'm sure you will soon...Keep us informed of your finds...and don't get discouraged...HH

Welcome to T-Net, Racing! You have a fine lil machine and you should find many treasures beneath your feet. Keep us posted of your finds, Good Luck & Happy Hunting!

;) RR

I will post whatever I may find. I have never done this before. I just got my detector yesterday and already I am wanting to go try it out. I think it would be really cool to find something old and then try and learn the history of how it came to be where I found it.
Bruce jr

Welcome aboard Bruce. Don't forget to always fill your holes or you will leave a bad name for everyone else. HH and enjoy your new machine, it's a good one.

Cal

Right on it looks like the rain is going to let up here in Michigan. I will remember to fill my holes and always to try and leave an area in as good or better shape than before I got there. I will not tarnish everyone else's reputation by my actions.
I have a few silver quarters that I am going to use in my bench test session so I can get the feel for how the silver sounds on my detector. I have the normal assortment of coins, a nail, and a couple of types of pull tabs. Is there anything else that I need to do a proper bench test session??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back