What's new

New Jersey

blackbeard1717

Full Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
173
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody have any good leads or areas to search for Revolutionary war artifacts
 
Hey Blackbeard.....You can hunt in my area PM me and I can give you some details. There was a Hessian camp less then 5 minutes (walking) from my house.

HH Jay
 
Tat thanks for the invite I will take you up on it. To bad its winter right now. I only made one trip this year to another area that was known. This area I been hunting all I am finding are 1920's sears roebuck shot gun shells and 1930 bottles. No Revolutionary War relics. But your offer sounds good. I add it to my list of things this spring and summer. I will keep in touch with you. Love to get to know what area. I do alot of research using google earth and bing.com so I know what type of Terrain I am up against. Thanks again love to hear back
 
blackbeard1717 said:
Tat thanks for the invite I will take you up on it. To bad its winter right now. I only made one trip this year to another area that was known. This area I been hunting all I am finding are 1920's sears roebuck shot gun shells and 1930 bottles. No Revolutionary War relics.

Persistence is the key. If your research shows you are in an area for rev war relics then keep hunting till you find them. Regardless of how much junk you pull out of the ground. I spent all last season looking for fur trade relics in an area that should have such relics with very little results. This season I finally found a spot a couple hundred yards away that contains several relics, including many pieces of indian trade silver. Yes, it took me a year of hunting to find this site. You just need to find exactly where the activity was and to do that you have to spend a whole lot of time with your coil on the ground. Persistence and a good relic machine will produce.

-Swartzie
 
Check out some of the N.J. universities map collections.

I'm on the trail of a campsite. Found a few dropped musketballs...all British but no camp yet.

Good luck

NJ
 
That is awesome I love Revolutionary War Relics what do musket balls read on your machine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom