New Kid

srkueff

May 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came to this site in May and decided to join. I spent a couple of hours looking around to find old plat maps. I was very successful. Now I don't know what I did to get to the maps I enjoyed. I have 2 metal detectors, both White's, but am more interested in the treasure of learning the history of the area where I live.

Can anyone help me find old plat maps of Alameda County, CA?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
1st - I noticed this is your very first find - so, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
2nd - You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcomesrkueff,

Your comment about the platt maps is So like computing, it is tough to figure out just which buttons were pushed to get where you want to get back to.

I am not familiar with finding platt maps on this site however, if you go to USGS Topographic maps on the internet all of their maps are online and printable. The USGS also has historical maps that can be downloaded or just looked at while on their site. This should include Alameda County. I hope this helps out!!.......................63bkpkr Welcome to Tnet.

Oh, if nothing else works for you then from a vantage point look for the tallest trees around and that will be the oldest part of town, at least the oldest part of town where the old trees were not cut down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread