What's new

New Land - Barley Stubble...Day 2...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,314
Reaction score
48,592
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent 3 hours dodging heavy showers, as per normal this summer. After yesterday, I thought we would do quite well today but it was pretty average:

2 Scrappy Roman Coins
Enfield 57cal Bullet
1 Medieval Buckle
Another 12th Royal Lancers Button
Our oldest Military button (from this field) - Victorian Rifle Brigade8-)
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    125.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    81.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    148.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    107.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    125.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    163.7 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0
Cru, when you say scrappy roman coins.... what are they.... just old degraded coins on no particluar value? Just curious is why I ask. Thanks HH
 
Cru, when you say scrappy roman coins.... what are they.... just old degraded coins on no particluar value? Just curious is why I ask. Thanks HH

Yes basically a coin that has no or very little detail. The next 'grade' up are coin with some detail that I give away to kids. The next is album quality coins that go in the collection. None of them have much value, Roman Bronze coins are pretty common, if you know 'where' to look. (We get 1000 a year)
 
A lot better than a day on work like i had. Some nice buttons from this field again!
 
A lot better than a day on work like i had. Some nice buttons from this field again!

You know, the buttons saved the day, & yes a day off work is worth double, & I have plenty saved up, as the harvest is late.
 
Thanks for the info!
 
I really like that anchor button Cru.We find a stamped brass buckle that features that exact anchor
 
Great Finds Cru!!!

Happy Hunting

Dan
 
you must have a large array of research books to identify these old relics
awesome diggs Crusader :sunny:
 
you must have a large array of research books to identify these old relics
awesome diggs Crusader :sunny:

I have a small library, but knowing what it is before you search the internet helps.
 
Dude,I would like some. How much do I have to pay for some?


Yes basically a coin that has no or very little detail. The next 'grade' up are coin with some detail that I give away to kids. The next is album quality coins that go in the collection. None of them have much value, Roman Bronze coins are pretty common, if you know 'where' to look. (We get 1000 a year)
 
Cool finds Cru, you always have the neatest finds...............HH
 
Nice bunch of saves, it looks like you do your home work on sites.:coffee2:
 
Dude,I would like some. How much do I have to pay for some?

The Exporting Laws make it more bother than worth, if it were simple you could have had them. But it's a 4 week process.
 
What a great collection. Well done!! :occasion14:
 
nice hunt.....hope that barley ends up in my beer someday
 
as always....looking good on your finds.
 
Last edited:
So, what do you do with all the pre-decimal cu-ni you find? Can you exchange it at a bank for the equivalent in decimal money anymore?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom