quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Welcome!!! I am a native Texan. Born there anyway.

regarding the piece in question, to me it looks like *the groove* is a completely different material. Like the stone had a vein of another material running through it. Is that the case, or has the polish completely change the appearance of the rock?

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site.

Your rock is formed by natural erosion and is caused by one part of the stone being comprised of a softer stone which would erode at a faster pace than the rest of the stone. If it had been an actual Hammerstone or Maul you would see evidence of battering on the ends and I don't see that in your pictures.

I find these quite often and I call them "Cookie Rocks".

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Yep, SouthTexas, I am going to agree with Grim. That is exactly where I was going to go with the info you provided.

Looks like you've got some nice relics judging from what little I can see in the back ground.

Lets see some stuff you don't have questions about.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Collection you got going there!...Ive only been able to hunt Indian Arifacts once down in Sanderson...My buddy has a hunting cabin down there

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the looks of your collection on the shelves you have been busy to say the least. Thats some nice looking worked stone. The first rocks you posted are natural but everything else I saw looked quite good. Welcome to the site, rock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread