What's new

New Mexico Laws?

ThTx

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
856
Reaction score
85
Golden Thread
0
Location
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the laws governing MD'ing on public land in New Mexico. I am thinking about a trip in the spring or early summer to detect around ghost towns in eastern and southeastern New Mexico. Any information would really be appreciated.
 
Detecting State Parks are forbidden. National Forests are subject to federal law which allows MDing but the only thing you can keep is nuggets - if you find a gold coin or anything over 50 years old (??) you're supposed to put it back. I don't know about BLM land or state land either. Cities vary.

Hope this Helps.

I you need any more info you can PM me - I'm in south eastern NM.
 
yep i agree, i think blm is the same, plus we r surrounded by military land all over, so its hard to go where u want, but we all know what to do about that;)
 
I have a Garrett's "Gold Stinger"
That makes me an "Electronic Prospector (ing)" which is legal
Just about everywhere :thumbsup:
&
I just swear, ::)
I'll be sure to put all of those gold coins & etc
right back where I find them :tongue3:
And!
I'll be sure to Tell the first "Ranger" where they are :tard:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom