What's new

New permission starts out with great coins, bullet and loads of buttons!

RebelYeller

Jr. Member
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
76
Reaction score
363
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toano, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,
Tesoro Tejon,
White's VX3,
White's TRX,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
XP Deus, XP Deus 2, XP MI-6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out to a new permission for about 2 hours last night and the results were good! A coin spill of three 1918 coins (standing liberty, walking liberty and mercury) all in one hole, a William's Cleaner, and a bunch of colonial and civil war era buttons including a tombac button and a Connecticut state seal uniform button. Amazing! Cant wait to see what else comes out of here!

IMG_20161211_135145.webp2016-12-11 13.49.40.webpAttach7775_20161210_182019.webpAttach7777_20161210_184513.webpIMG_20161214_143909.webp2016-12-11 13.48.55.webp
 

Attachments

  • 2016-12-11 13.48.55.webp
    2016-12-11 13.48.55.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 186
Upvote 40
um, wow! you have a good one there. can't wait to see more, congrats.
 
Nice variety there. The three 1918 coins in the same hole is an odd coincidence, especially considering the wear on the Walker compared to the others.
 
The Walker looks like it had to have circulated for 25 years - not so with the other two . Very interesting that they were together ! Nice Finds.
 
Sweet haul man!
 
Last edited:
Looks like this spot could be a real winner ! Any time you can dig a Standing Liberty with not only a date , but the beaded rim on the obverse - you are living the dream !
 
I thought the same thing Steve, I was blown away
 
The Walker looks like it had to have circulated for 25 years - not so with the other two . Very interesting that they were together ! Nice Finds.

There was glass in the hole, so I am assuming that there may have been a mason jar in there at some point, definitely going to go back and check soon! The walker was really close to the surface, and the other two were almost 8 inches deep.
 
Last edited:
Great finds and I'm sure you're drooling to get back. Per your last statement I wonder if they were separate drops, the Walker being the most recent. That would make sense since it was 1) quite shallow as you allude and 2) obviously much more worn than the SL and Merc. Still odd that they're the same date though.

John
 
Great finds and I'm sure you're drooling to get back. Per your last statement I wonder if they were separate drops, the Walker being the most recent. That would make sense since it was 1) quite shallow as you allude and 2) obviously much more worn than the SL and Merc. Still odd that they're the same date though.

John

You know I can't wait! You could be right about separate drops.
 
I gave the "separate drop" theory a brief tryout too , the odds of any Walker landing on the spot are challenging , you put the 1918 date into the mix and I don't see how you can make a reasonable arguement for it.
 
Maybe it's just dumb luck! ha
 
I think you may be onto something with the broken glass- did what you saw look lije it could have come from one container ?
 
I think you may be onto something with the broken glass- did what you saw look lije it could have come from one container ?

I was all one color, but not enough of it for an entire jar. Maybe someone buried it and when they dug it back up, the jar broke and they missed a few coins....
 
Awesome coins and relics, congratulations! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom