Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two of my grandaughters are coming to spend some summer vacation with me. The moved to Austin, Tex from Seattle and had to leave their dog behind. They were heartbroken but they found him a good home before they left. So, me and Kay and my daughter Stacy got them a Corgy pup. He's a cute little devil but loves to bark at anything! Here he is taking a nap. A characteristic of Corgies is that they like to sleep on their back. Monty

Attachments

• DSC01182.JPG
    DSC01182.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 365

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so very thoughtful of you guys to do this for your grandbabies..and what a cutie pie he is too.. puppies are the bestest... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm starting him on his house breaking. I forgot how grueling that is! Feed him, take him out , water him, take him out, look at him crooked, take him out, get the pooper scooper and go clean up after him and oops! he didn't make it outside! Then mop up the mess and put carpet smell good on the carpet....and on and on and on! Whew, I'm too drn old for this! M :P nty

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Put one end of the leash on the pup and the other end on Diggsey. Let 'em walk each other, otherwise you'll be learning to play hop scotch and shuffleboard at the same time. LOL

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put Digsy on a longer leash and the little fellow on the short leash. That way if Digsy tarries, the little guy gives her a cold nose in the butt! That keeps both of 'em going at a steady pace! Digsy is just jealous. She will growl and nip at the pup, but she don't bite. She will even play with him if she doesn't think I'm watching. Just typical first and second dog behavior. They get along pretty good when walking but I have to stop and let the pup rest because her legs are so short she has to run to keep up! Monty

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, I've been puppy sitting him for two weeks while the girls and my daughter came to visit. . Just took them all home yesterday and my daughter says the little pup is loving his new surroundings. I had to keep him crated up too much, but they have tile floors and can not worry about stains on the carpet. I taught the little fellow to sit, shake, lie down and to do a turn around. He's partially house broken already, poops outside but can't seem to control his bladder as well yet. He's really a smart pup and learns fast. Now that he is home the girls will have him all to themselves and be responsible for taking care of him. He has little sharp teeth and plays too rough for the littlest grandaughter, she's 3, but the 6 year old can handle him pretty well. They already love him and I know they will take good care of him. My daughter fell in love with him too and competes with the kids for puppy time. To sum it up , he's working out great. Monty

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Great! I imagine that Kay and Digsy are a bit relieved but I got a feeling that you were starting to get just a touch attached. :wink: At least they're all closer and you can see each other a bit more often. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread