Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I outed out 2 episodes ago! After the so called "Black Legion" rumor and talking with a "REAL" Native American Apache Indian who knows about the Superstitions and lives in the area with his "OLDER" relatives and got some questions answered from him and all the BS on the 2 episodes I watched and saw and he set it straight.

Fact is I am still guessing this show will be short lived not making past 1 season if it makes it that far. I mean it is cool for something like this to be aired and the history, etc associated with it, but throwing BS drama, BS inaccuracies, BS made up stories, and lame acting only kills it for me and from the looks of it I am not the only one feeling that way.

If it is so fearful and scared for people to be out there and I was leading a team searching for it, you can bet, day or night, I would have people up on high ground with high powered rifles with day/night scopes, watching my back 360 degrees on all four sides while I trekked through the area! Let someone take a pop shot at me and see what happens! Guns and shooting is a two way street!

Sorry Frank and whomever else on here that is on the show, but you can't win em all!

These guys gave it a go and that is something to be proud of regardless of the production value. I would have enjoyed a "Front Line" approach to the story telling and in-depth interviews with the cast/crew. I wanted to hear Franks story, told by him and the others as well. This is the problem with television today, low budgets, hack writers, 2 bit producers and a one hour story drained over five episodes. My hat is off to these guys for their effort but GoGo Luckey Entertainment was the wrong choice. What can one expect from the creative team responsible for Pageant Moms Unleashed, Hot Girls-Scary Places, & the unforgettable Cute & Furry My Ass.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welp, after watching the last episode, you can count me out as a future viewer.There are some stray cats in the neighborhood, and I think they might need their teeth flossed, and my time would be better spent on that than watching one more minute of this show. Abandon your camp, including some equipment, after someone tries to mess with you? Not in my world! More like you leave someone behind when you go out the next day to monitor the camp and video anyone who enters the area. Not that its even real, its all obviously staged bs, and I can only stomach so many leaps to ridiculous conclusions based on the most tenuous evidence before I start feeling nauseated. The only entertaining part was where where the 3 old guys shot down their ridiculous fears and superstitions. I'm out.

I'll keep watching but Yes I agree either the Production Crew, or maybe even one of the Search team,
at the direction of the production crew did the hands.

on the outside chance someone is messing with them,
it could mean they are close to a find, or encroaching on someones search area.
in either case, I wouldn't worry too much about a sniper unless they are set up with a machine gun :tongue3:
I'm sure the amount of people behind the Camera and the Crew would be too many
for some psycho to even consider picking off all at once.

I'd Use these "warnings" as invitations :thumbsup:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HaHa on the 3 Experts opinions on the Black Hands & Medicine Wheel :tongue3:
I'm a complete Newbie to 99% of the Lost Dutchmen Legend & that areas Indians etc.
& I knew what they did :laughing7: it's also obvious from the remarks of others here last week,
I wasn't alone :tongue3:

Hey Jeff, does that make me an expert to being I noticed the black hand print was new and fake along with the medicine wheel? :icon_scratch: Dang, I need to get me my own Expert Certificate printed up, I am working for way too less money compared to those college edumacated experts! :icon_study: They are probably still paying on their studament loans! :laughing7:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These guys gave it a go and that is something to be proud of regardless of the production value. I would have enjoyed a "Front Line" approach to the story telling and in-depth interviews with the cast/crew. I wanted to hear Franks story, told by him and the others as well. This is the problem with television today, low budgets, hack writers, 2 bit producers and a one hour story drained over five episodes. My hat is off to these guys for their effort but GoGo Luckey Entertainment was the wrong choice. What can one expect from the creative team responsible for Pageant Moms Unleashed, Hot Girls-Scary Places, & the unforgettable Cute & Furry My Ass.

AMEN BROTHER!!! I am sure it would be a really good show if the producers and jack rabbit executives stay out of it!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your "sniper" attitude. I too would be well armed.

Well....I like this show better then Oak island. 3 years of fiddlin' around!
It's an island....strip mine the MF!!!:laughing7:

absolutely ! the Possibilities of a real treasure are at least there in the Superstitions.
I doubt they will find one. I won't post why.

But there are Treasures there. I'm sure.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
absolutely ! the Possibilities of a real treasure are at least there in the Superstitions.
I doubt they will find one. I won't post why.

But there are Treasures there. I'm sure.

Come on Jeff, We all know you scooped up all that treasure many long moons ago! :laughing7:

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The area I've been working got the attention of a couple fellows. They didn't play games. Rode up on us quickly. Took a good look,and then went a short distance away,but close enough so We would know they hadnt left. Me and mine were making some one nervous enough to send these two guys out to watch.

Now I don't know what this hand business is all about,but if its their intention to convey how dangerous it can be to go looking for gold . Then I get it . History channel can't be responsible for people getting hurt after watching the show .
Liability is a witch.
Well I'm being rude how about some coffee.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on Jeff, We all know you scooped up all that treasure many long moons ago! :laughing7:

lets just say I saw 5 episodes already.
take out the commercials after every time someone says Wow look at that !
and the rehash of them saying Wow look at that ! again after the commercials.
subtract map time in the motel & interviews with so called experts.
They must have spent 90 Minutes on the edge of the supers by

this point in the show :laughing7:

or am I being too Generous ?

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
The area I've been working got the attention of a couple fellows. They didn't play games. Rode up on us quickly. Took a good look,and then went a short distance away,but close enough so We would know they hadnt left. Me and mine were making some one nervous enough to send these two guys out to watch.

Now I don't know what this hand business is all about,but if its their intention to convey how dangerous it can be to go looking for gold . Then I get it . History channel can't be responsible for people getting hurt after watching the show .
Liability is a witch.
Well I'm being rude how about some coffee.

They were probably checking to make sure you weren't some of BB's Aliens!

Wrmickel

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
I outed out 2 episodes ago! After the so called "Black Legion" rumor and talking with a "REAL" Native American Apache Indian who knows about the Superstitions and lives in the area with his "OLDER" relatives and got some questions answered from him and all the BS on the 2 episodes I watched and saw and he set it straight.

Fact is I am still guessing this show will be short lived not making past 1 season if it makes it that far. I mean it is cool for something like this to be aired and the history, etc associated with it, but throwing BS drama, BS inaccuracies, BS made up stories, and lame acting only kills it for me and from the looks of it I am not the only one feeling that way.

If it is so fearful and scared for people to be out there and I was leading a team searching for it, you can bet, day or night, I would have people up on high ground with high powered rifles with day/night scopes, watching my back 360 degrees on all four sides while I trekked through the area! Let someone take a pop shot at me and see what happens! Guns and shooting is a two way street!

Sorry Frank and whomever else on here that is on the show, but you can't win em all!

HMan2,

There may not be a dues paying, card carrying Black Legion out there but I have had a personal experience with someone trying to make us believers.

Many years ago, my uncle my dad and myself were returning from a trip into Black Top Mesa. I was riding in the back of my uncle's pickup. A black sedan came alongside of us, and the two guys in the front were staring at us.....When we got to the trailer park where Chuck lived, I started throwing out our gear. At that point, the same sedan came slowly down the street and drove by us. Same stare as they passed. I called attention to my dad and uncle, and told them about these same guys checking us out on Baseline Rd. They did not stop or say anything as we were all well armed.

It was not for a number of years until I heard about the Black Legion, but they were dressed all in black with black stetsons.

That's just the way it happened, so it may just be a coincidence.:dontknow:

We never went into the Superstitions without being well armed. On the other hand, no one ever shot at us.....day or night.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HMan2,

There may not be a dues paying, card carrying Black Legion out there but I have had a personal experience with someone trying to make us believers.

Many years ago, my uncle my dad and myself were returning from a trip into Black Top Mesa. I was riding in the back of my uncle's pickup. A black sedan came alongside of us, and the two guys in the front were staring at us.....When we got to the trailer park where Chuck lived, I started throwing out our gear. At that point, the same sedan came slowly down the street and drove by us. Same stare as they passed. I called attention to my dad and uncle, and told them about these same guys checking us out on Baseline Rd. They did not stop or say anything as we were all well armed.

It was not for a number of years until I heard about the Black Legion, but they were dressed all in black with black stetsons.

That's just the way it happened, so it may just be a coincidence.:dontknow:

We never went into the Superstitions without being well armed. On the other hand, no one ever shot at us.....day or night.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

seems to me there are plenty of ways to get killed in there without any ones help

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
HMan2,

That's just the way it happened, so it may just be a coincidence.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Joe, how far back to Black Top Mesa could you drive back then or were you stopped at the gate like it is today.

Wrmickel1

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Jeff,

It's all about having options. There have been some really crazy people in those mountains. I have been threatened many times, but nothing ever came of it.

Take care,

Joe

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the problem with television today, low budgets, hack writers, 2 bit producers and a one hour story drained over five episodes. My hat is off to these guys for their effort but GoGo Luckey Entertainment was the wrong choice. What can one expect from the creative team responsible for Pageant Moms Unleashed, Hot Girls-Scary Places, & the unforgettable Cute & Furry My Ass.

It isn't quality TV- far from it. Also GGL wasn't a "choice," they were the one that thought there was something to be exploited here and tried to do something along the lines of the drama that you see in "Gold Rush," "Ax men," and so and on, but the problem is that those shows deal in fairly simple concepts (finding gold or lumber) which allows for the drama to take center stage.

The history of the Supes, on the other hand, is complicated, with quite a few players, and much better suited for a PBS or NG type documentary. So in that regard, you are right, GGL is a very bad match for this complex subject. They have the wrong mindset.

Trying to pair up, and quickly sum the complex history of the Supes, yet have time for contrived drama, is just backfiring on them. Viewers interested in actual history find the drama distracting, and the viewers who enjoy drama aren't interested in history.

And those who really know the history of the Supes are doubling over in laughter.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This show is giving a lot of guys ideas. I am sure there will be black hands imprints all over the Superstitions now.

Homar

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Wrm,

Pretty much the same as today, except for the early trips. To be honest, I don't recall where we started from. West end of the range is best I can recall.

Good luck,

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread