New Signs - Thoughts??

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
Hey guys, how's it been? Sorry, been gone a looong time and just noticed I have quite a few questions in other threads. I'll try to get to those in the coming few days.

New pic I was hoping some of you could look at ... what would you say I've got here? (btw, for those of you who don't know me or remember, I'm in SW Utah)

Mannings

Attachments

• x\'s.jpg
    x\'s.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 335
OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
one more (and I jst remembered how to attach multi-pics) :sign13:

Attachments

• z\'s.jpg
    z\'s.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 345

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to remove post not pertinent to the topic.

Great set of pictures, what a way to start off.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca said:
Thats a spanish chain map of cache locations. You have too much info out there, I would take the pictures down. It gives a lot of info. Im no expert but see enough to know your on to something.
Spanish chain map? Looks to me like it was pecked into the varnish. Indians pecked the varnish. Take pictures. Move on.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well well. If it is your opinion that this "map" gives lots of "cache locations", don't you think it would have been prudent NOT to alert those who would have been ignorant of such a potential treasure "hot spot". I mean really. You could have PMd him to tell him that. Now the rest of the world can save those photographs for future reference, instead of disregarding them as Indian peckings. Nice work, Casca.

You must already believe that every carving is a treasure map. Good luck with that.

ps.......it's still a bunch of Indian peckings.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Welcome back Patrick !
Good start for a new run.
A few odd marks in the bunch, Most of these are native ...
a couple could be Spanish or other.

Mike,
Both Spanish and KGC Would hide their marks in Petroglyphs By pecking.
I have even found some that were painted .

OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
Thanks for the replies old friends (Old Dog / BIT) and new friend (Casca).

I agree with BIT that most times anything in the patina is indian. Also agree than Spanish and KGC hid their signals within the indian grafitti. I know the indian stuff quite well and believe their are a few signs in here that are definitely NOT indian. Having said that, I'm just getting started and have no idea what I'm seeing ... yet .. maybe never, but I'll have fun searching .. and just maybe ..

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca said:
I see a lot of dry holes. He didn't ask for a pm. And most people wouldn't know what to do with it any way.

I apologize but said what was necessary and only what I thought.

We all have different interpitations. I wish him luck.

I'm gonna have to work utah if I ever get the chance.

if your following signs to treasure. Well good luck. They are trail signs.

If they out there in the open they could be anything from a joke to a ruse to guide you away. He will have to follow it out.

The real hunters already have a lock on if iis real and not looted. I can say way too much info. But I can't say why.

Keep it light. He would not have posted if he wasn't ready done with the site. Smiles. Wink.
The word was i-g-n-o-r-a-n-t, as in "unaware". I fail to see how it should be deleted. Also, I'm not offended by your comment and cute picture. Also, to state that he wouldn't have posted the pics unless he was done with the site is to assume you know Patrick and his business. Has Patrick made you aware of his business and told you that he is finished with the site? IF that is the case then, you would both be pulling our legs and leading us on.

I seriously doubt that Patrick would get involved with such douchebaggery. He is too intelligent and grounded for that. You mentioned that you see a lot of dry holes, yet in another thread you mention that you are just getting started. Have S&S led you to all those dry holes? The know-it-all attitude, used in your last sentence, will get you eaten alive around here. There are those folks around here who love to pick people apart. Friendly advice from one guy to another.

Good luck with those Indian summers. Look out for those snakes.

OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
Let me say this with all due respect to everyone on this site. In the world of technology, the internet, everyone has an opportunity to 'be' anything they like. One can pretend to be a woman, a millionaire, or a treasure hunter. I am an avid outdoorsman, love Kentucky basketball, and have recently been sucked into Facebook (ugh!). This means I have multiple sites I visit with vast differences of content. Across all sites there is one constant ... different personalities, all inhabiting a forum and getting along, fighting, bitching, and also sharing good and informative facts/thoughts/ideas.

I'm NO expert on this site, but it doesn't take long to know who 'really' has time with boots on the ground, who just likes to be contrary/negative, those that simply make ish up, and those that are very sincere.

I've come to learn to appreciate this mishmash of personalities and have come to enjoy watching those that are hiding behind their masks ... not really hidden at all.

This is NOT directed at Casca, at all. I've not been back long enough to have formed any opinion about him whatsoever. This, though, I can say ... these forums become a lot more enjoyable if you don't try too hard to self-police them. Laugh it off, whenever possible..

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig the post, Patrick. Well stated. I think it is okay (most times) to disagree, in writing, with other people on someone else's thread. As long as good information comes from the disagreement, or if no info comes out of it, the subject is dropped. More of us should agree to disagree. I think Casca and I have done just that.

I would like to remind everyone reading this of something. The idea is to help others, or at least encourage them in the right direction. Sometimes that encouragement comes in the form of opinions we may not always want to hear. Sometimes the reality of things is that what we see is nothing treasure related. Sometimes, some of will not see when it IS treasure related. Opinions can be a valuable tool. They give us the oppurtunity to research areas that we would never have thought of on our own.

Casca's opinion of the chain map was valuable in that, you have another aspect from which to view your art. Maybe the images ARE Indian art with hidden Spanish signs. Neither of those aspects are my forte. Good luck with it.

ps.....I coulda used that two-box of your last weekend.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are very interesting stones. They do look like a map of sorts to me, one is definitely a story rock. Chain map no, I see my error. The second picture really has my interest. I have seen the same.

You have a lot to go on. You will be busy.

This is for fun, and I keep it light. I am very serious when it comes to trails. I have to keep reminding myself to not see more than is there. Right now we have rocks. I will know more once he starts finding things.

I value opinions as they keep things real. Even if I dont agree with what is said.

OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
Sup, fellas? Only bumping this thread so a few may remember me.. it's obviously been a very long time since here (two and a half years).

Just wondering if there are still some folks around willing to help with a site I have that is a definite cache site with symbols that include daggers, crosses, circle with cross inside (quartered), circle within circle, dot within circle, turkey trck, etc. A total of 4 panels, all fairly simple, and all within about 1,200' of one another.

Any kind takers??

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello mannings, welcome back, any drill holes, is this in a yard, ( around 2 / 3 /4 / 5 cordells square / rectangle ) if so, is there anything of interest in the South East and North East corners. If so what is the distance between them and direction. Is there anything that indicates triangles, Square such as dots, drawings. Good to hear from you

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Sup, fellas? Only bumping this thread so a few may remember me.. it's obviously been a very long time since here (two and a half years).

Just wondering if there are still some folks around willing to help with a site I have that is a definite cache site with symbols that include daggers, crosses, circle with cross inside (quartered), circle within circle, dot within circle, turkey trck, etc. A total of 4 panels, all fairly simple, and all within about 1,200' of one another.

Take some pics of the info stones, with the surrounding area, to see if there is a correlation. Usually the info being shown, can be seen from there. Thanks Justintime..

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I don't understand your reference to panel's, panels are ----- wide------ long, distance between them are ----, there's ----- upsidedown V's, there's ------ knee high boulders with symbols------there's ---- boulders thats between waist high and shoulder high ????? Thanks . I think that Turtle's lead to Treasure arthor called a group of symbols a yard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread