New Site Yields Trojan Horse, And An Unbelievable SLQ, 4 Silver, Wheats And More

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good evening Everyone;
Finally after eyeballing this place all summer it went up for sale..........and I know the Realtor ;D Talked to Todd this morning and he said, Go ahead :headbang: The house dates from at least 1870 because it's on my Platte map and I forgot to ask him how old it really was. This was a operating farm complete with privy. 7 buildings in all. You can see where the original home was just brick. Then 2 additions were added on. One older with old wood and lead paint and one during more modern times. Maybe I can arrange for a privy dig too. Since it's in town it may be a good one. ::)

This place was originally owned by George McDonald. I don't know if J.A. McDonald were brothers ( the 1834 house I hunted for 14 months) I started off by digging some old wheat's around the house. A little frustrated I headed out into the front yard. 2 pocket spills. One with 2 wheat's and one with 4 and a War nickle. I really focused my attention to how a person would come and go from the house. It worked. I shot a straight line from the front porch to the sidewalk. If you had to go up town in those days how would you go? Not hard to figure out. My first target at 6 inches was a Mint SLQ from 1928. We all like to toot our horns a little but this SLQ is one of the finest dug coins I have laid eyes on. The reeded edges are sharp. No wear whatsoever. Check out how fine and black the soil is here. I mean Black!! The next 3 targets were 2 Rosie's and a Merc. Then 5 Wheat's and a 1945 War Nickle. I haven't dug one of these in a long time. Also found another marble. No Idea on how old it is :dontknow: And no, That horse is not gold :D I just had to say that to get your attention ;D It's brass because it's heavy. May be copper but I think brass

I still have a lot of ground to cover but it's looking like a hot spot for sure. All of the Wheats (9) except for 3 were low 1900's. Also dug was what I thought was a golden horsey thingy. My heart raced when I scratched the dirt off. I'll have to do some more looking over on this one. Dug another lead seal, lipstick tube, Winchester shotgun brass, an old pocket knife, and a piece of copper. This has been the best day I have had in a while for silver. I shall return Wed. and see if I can't raise the silver level.

Thanks for looking and enjoy all of the pics. I like to take pictures. Pictures are like reading a good book. Enjoy Ron

003-32.jpg

004-31.jpg

005-32.jpg

006-33.jpg

007-35.jpg

008-34.jpg

014-27.jpg

015-23.jpg

016-20.jpg

017-21.jpg

023-11.jpg

042-5.jpg

035-5.jpg

024-11.jpg

010-37.jpg

011-33.jpg

012-29.jpg

013-30.jpg

026-9.jpg

027-10.jpg

025-11.jpg

028-7.jpg

029-7.jpg

030-7.jpg

031-5.jpg

032-6.jpg

033-5.jpg

034-5.jpg

036-5.jpg

037-4.jpg

039-5.jpg

045-2.jpg

044-3.jpg

Upvote 0
Re: New Site Yields Gold Trojan Horse, Unbelievable SLQ, 4 Silver, Wheats And More

VOL1266-X said:
Ron, good job on several things:
3. Being opportunistic on getting on the site with permission
Yes, but I'm curious what right the realtor had to give permission to dig in someone else's lawn? Technically the home still belongs to the seller. Just think it could bite ya sometime down the road.

But on another note, that is the nicest, cleanest quarter I've seen. Congrats.

Re: New Site Yields Gold Trojan Horse, Unbelievable SLQ, 4 Silver, Wheats And More

finderzzs said:
VOL1266-X said:
Yes, but I'm curious what right the realtor had to give permission to dig in someone else's lawn? Technically the home still belongs to the seller. Just think it could bite ya sometime down the road.

Realtor owns the house :icon_sunny:

crazyjarhead said:
finderzzs said:
VOL1266-X said:

Realtor owns the house :icon_sunny:
That's a whole other story. Safe there. "GO BUCKEYES".

Very nice job on all of the finds! I especially love the SLQ! :)

Very nice Crazyjarhead. I have enjoyed seeing your finds and the nice stories with them. I really like your profile pic as well. perfectly fitting for a treasure hunter. have you found your precious yet? ha ha

when i find black soil i know its going to be old finds. do you know how lucky you are? 98% of standings are dateless. ah i bet you know that. congrats .willy

Great hunt... lots of pics...glad I don't have dial up LOL

great pics an awsome finds Crazy man that 28 looks like it was just minted man I've never seen one with that sweet of detail before . :icon_thumright:

Thanks Tank and other replies :icon_sunny:

Thats the best S.L.Q. I have seen on here for sure!!! nice stuff!! great research,,,thanks for sharin

arthur

THATS THE BOMB!!!!!!

Attachments

454 KB · Views: 449

artzstuff1 said:
Thats the best S.L.Q. I have seen on here for sure!!! nice stuff!! great research,,,thanks for sharin

arthur

THATS THE BOMB!!!!!!

Thanks Authur :icon_sunny:

Great finds congrats, very nice SLQ you got there.

Great finds!!!!!! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back