What's new

New to beach/shore hunting--Titanic Water Scoop?

TabWhisperer

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2010
Messages
406
Reaction score
41
Golden Thread
0
Location
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live near Denver. I intend to detect on some local beaches and shorelines. I'm looking for a suitable scoop and came across the Titanic Water Scoop. Looks nice but it goes for $189????? Any other suggestions?
 

Attachments

  • Titanic.webp
    Titanic.webp
    3.5 KB · Views: 2,444
Upvote 0
Lifes A Garden...Dig IT said:
Jimbog said:
I live near Denver. I intend to detect on some local beaches and shorelines. I'm looking for a suitable scoop and came across the Titanic Water Scoop. Looks nice but it goes for $189????? Any other suggestions?

:icon_scratch: Jimbog, I was just a bit bamboozled as to where you would have a local beach/shoreline around Denver, CO???

Having lived in Denver for 20 year there are plenty of fresh water lakes that are used quite heavy. Cherry Creek Res. Stanley Lake, Carter Lake, Horse tooth Res. all with nice beaches. There was a guy several years ago that posted on Surf and Sand from Denver and you should have seen the finds he posted. I have often wondered what happened to him.

Then you also have some NICE streams for nugget shooting all over and anywhere in CO. Gold was discovered in down town Denver on the Platte River and that is what put Denver on the map. Clear Creek flows into Denver and was one of the richest gold streams in CO. Gold is still found there today after large storms and run offs. There are several tailing piles in Golden, just outside of Denver that still hold nuggets that can be found with modern detectors.

I still have a few of the nuggets I found while living in CO. and I would enjoy going back to nugget shoot again.

Chuck in Cape Coral
 
Chuck in Cape Coral said:
Lifes A Garden...Dig IT said:
Jimbog said:
I live near Denver. I intend to detect on some local beaches and shorelines. I'm looking for a suitable scoop and came across the Titanic Water Scoop. Looks nice but it goes for $189????? Any other suggestions?

:icon_scratch: Jimbog, I was just a bit bamboozled as to where you would have a local beach/shoreline around Denver, CO???

Having lived in Denver for 20 year there are plenty of fresh water lakes that are used quite heavy. Cherry Creek Res. Stanley Lake, Carter Lake, Horse tooth Res. all with nice beaches. There was a guy several years ago that posted on Surf and Sand from Denver and you should have seen the finds he posted. I have often wondered what happened to him.

Then you also have some NICE streams for nugget shooting all over and anywhere in CO. Gold was discovered in down town Denver on the Platte River and that is what put Denver on the map. Clear Creek flows into Denver and was one of the richest gold streams in CO. Gold is still found there today after large storms and run offs. There are several tailing piles in Golden, just outside of Denver that still hold nuggets that can be found with modern detectors.

I still have a few of the nuggets I found while living in CO. and I would enjoy going back to nugget shoot again.

Chuck in Cape Coral

Ok Chuck, I just don't usually consider using the terminology shoreline with lakes, I know there are beaches surrounding lakes a lot of the time man made but it just threw me off for a second there.

Bobby 8)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom