New to detecting and having some beginners luck!!

ILikeMoney

Dec 21, 2014
OHIO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
385B5240-ABB2-4C0E-8881-EF3A4F604811.jpeg
5FB91FA0-2D80-4628-879A-66A2451AFBBD.jpeg
Soā€¦. I usually donā€™t post but today I feel like I need to. So I purchased a Nox 800 back in March (have about 30 hrs on it) and have had some luck (wheats, couple Indians, and a couple buffaloes), but silver had been eluding me. Well last week I found my first silver, a 1905 micro o barber dime. Talk about a rush when that popped out of the ground!
Anyway, after speaking to a close friend, he tells me that a house on his parents property was built in 1795 and that I should hunt it. Wasnā€™t going to argue. So today after work I spent about two hours hunting and didnt even make a dent in the area that needs covered. Found a few wheats
And my 2nd and 3rd silvers.
1918 merc and a 1837 seated liberty.
I also found the key and the button.
The button has some writing on the back and appears to read ā€œorange coloxx giltā€. Canā€™t quite make all of it out.

Last edited:
Upvote 34

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2027730 View attachment 2027731 Soā€¦. I usually donā€™t post but today I feel like I need to. So I purchased an Nox 800 back in March (have about 30 hrs on it) and have had some luck (wheats, couple Indians, and a couple buffaloes), but silver had been eluding me. Well last week I found my first silver, a 1905 micro o barber dime. Talk about a rush when that popped out of the ground!
Anyway, after speaking to a close friend, he tells me that a house on his parents property was built in 1795 and that I should hunt it. Wasnā€™t going to argue. So today after work I spent about two hours hunting and didnt even make a dent in the area that needs covered. Found a few wheats
More power to ya!

Coinstar magnet

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2027730 View attachment 2027731 Soā€¦. I usually donā€™t post but today I feel like I need to. So I purchased a Nox 800 back in March (have about 30 hrs on it) and have had some luck (wheats, couple Indians, and a couple buffaloes), but silver had been eluding me. Well last week I found my first silver, a 1905 micro o barber dime. Talk about a rush when that popped out of the ground!
The button has some writing on the back and appears to read ā€œorange coloxx giltā€. Canā€™t quite make all of it out.
Sounds like you are getting to know your machine...nice assortment of finds! And you've got a place to hunt... congratulations šŸ‘

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2027730 View attachment 2027731 Soā€¦. I usually donā€™t post but today I feel like I need to. So I purchased a Nox 800 back in March (have about 30 hrs on it) and have had some luck (wheats, couple Indians, and a couple buffaloes), but silver had been eluding me. Well last week I found my first silver, a 1905 micro o barber dime. Talk about a rush when that popped out of the ground!
Be careful a Silver 1908 Barber Quarter is what got me hooked..Looked what happened..My wife and friends think I am a nut. :laughing9:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going and keep up the good digging !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread