NEW TO FORUM COLLECTION FROM MICH.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
TRYING TO POST PICTURES URGHHHHH!!! LOOKS LIKE A SUCCESS FINALLY!! COLLECTION WAS A GIFT, HIS FAMILY THOUGHT THEY WERE ROCKS AND NOT INTERRESTED AT ALL. I HAVE MANY I'VE FOUND FROM MASS AND HAVE MANY QUESTIONS BUT CAN NOT GET THEM SMALL ENOUGH TO POST, I WILL KEEP TRYING. CAN'T WAIT TO GET YOUR OPINIONS, I HAVE ENJOYED READING YOUR POSTS AND SEEING YOUR MANY PICTURES. LOOK FORWARD TO IT. LOL
:'(

Attachments

• MICH TEST.jpg
    MICH TEST.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 400
  • MICH TEST.jpg
    MICH TEST.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 396
  • MICH TEST.jpg
    MICH TEST.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 391
Upvote 0

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Great collection of points you have there. Welcome to TreasureNet. You have come to the right place to learn about all things related to treasure hunting. Great bunch of people are here. Glad you are with us.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome COUNTRY GIRL, Nice Collection of Points.

jeff

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Welcome! do you have a scanner by chance? Works good for putting pics of artifacts and coins and stuff up on here. Look like you have a nice colletion there including what appear to be some nice older items... COOL ;D

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
AS THE STORY GOES.....AN GENTLEMAN IN HIS MID 70'S FOUND THEM ALL WHEN HE WAS IN THE CUB/BOY SCOUTS AS A PROJECT. HE COLLECTED EVERY ONE OF THEM PLUS A BUNCH NOT ON THE BOARD. SO THEY WERE FOUND ATLEAST 60-68 YEARS AGO IN MICHIGAN WHERE HIS FATHER OWNED A CAR DEALERSHIP. HE MOVED OUT HERE WITH THE COLLECTION AND OPENED HIS OWN DEALERSHIP. SAT IN AN ATTIC FOR MANY YEARS UNTIL HE FOUND OUT I COLLECTED. NOW THEY ARE MINE AND I INTEND ON MAKING A MASS BOARD WHEN I COLLECT ENOUGH, ALMOST THERE. WILL TRY SCANNING THE OTHER PICTURES, I THINK YOU'LL LIKE!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can download a free picture resizing program from the Microsoft website. It places a extra "resize pictures" line in the right click menu when you right click on a picture.

Sandman

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Just right click on your picture in your menu area that shows just the names of your pictures. Then click OPEN WITH and select PAINT. The PAINT program is on most every computer you see these days. Once in paint, clink on the IMAGE tab and then the STRECH/SKEW option. put 30 in the first box (Horizontal), 30 in the second box (Verticle) and then click OK.
Finally, click on the FILE tab and select SAVE AS. Rename your picture and save it as a JPEG.

You can now submit your pics with no problems!

Nice collection by the way! Thanks for posting it!

AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!
;D ;D ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Welcome to the forum! We need more women around here! Nice collection!

Attachments

• Gypsy,Nana,Ashleen,Mona Lisa.jpg
    Gypsy,Nana,Ashleen,Mona Lisa.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 347
  • Gypsy,Nana,Ashleen,Mona Lisa.jpg
    Gypsy,Nana,Ashleen,Mona Lisa.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 336
OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
SOUNDS EASY LET'S SEE IF IT WORKS. THESE ARE FROM HOME, NOT EXACTLY SURE OF THE NAMES OF THE TOOLS OR THE EXACT DATES OF THEM MAYBE YOU GUYS CAN HELP? YOU'VE ALREADY BEEN WONDERFULL!! IF THESE DARN CUSTOMERS WOULD STOP INTERUPTING, I WOULD BE HAVING A LOT MORE FUN. OOPS NEED TO MAKE MONEY IN ORDER TO PLAY IN THE WOODS. WELL GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS, THANKS A MILLION!!!

Attachments

• TEST 1.jpg
    TEST 1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 309
  • TEST 2.jpg
    TEST 2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 314
  • TEST 3.jpg
    TEST 3.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 317
  • TEST 4.jpg
    TEST 4.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 315

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Welcome Country Girl!
Looks like you have some nice size to some of those blades on the first pic. I like the way the board is shaped like a Hopewell point and the Hopewell at the very top of the board.
badandy

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
I'll say a little earlier than badandy- I would say middle and late woodland period artifacts- knife blades from what I can see but it's kind of hard to tell from the pics. Appears to made from some type of Ryolite or basalt? Again hard to tell for sure from the pictures- where were these found? Thanks for sharing! :)

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
SO WHAT ERA ARE YOU TWO TALKING, I HAVE SOME CLUES. COULD THE MATERIAL BE FLINT? I KNOW ALOT ABOUT THE AREA, I TEND TO RESEARCH THE LOCATION MORE THAN THE STUFF. HELP ME AOUT A LITTLE AND I'LL TELL YOU MORE ABOUT THE LOCATION AND IT'S HISTORY. REMEMBER LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. LOL (KINDA LIKE THE LOL THING BUT IT'S MORE PRACTICE AND SKILL, RIGHT?)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CG,

Welcome to T-Net. Unique collection you have there. I like the way you have them displayed too.

;) RR

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Patience more than anything I think.. anyways.. are the colors of the artifacts in the pictures accurate? If they are I would still say they are made of Ryolite or Basalt. Could be flint... without holding something in your hands it can be very difficult to identify. As for age- different types of artifacts were made in different parts of the country during different time periods. That in combination with the fact that the artifacts in the last couple of pictures are somewhat non-descript and I would give a generic guess of 1,500-2,500 years B.P. (before present) If I knew the county/state they came from and had a better scan of the artifacts my guess on that could very well change- hard to say. Hope it helps a little anyways... keep up the good work.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
COOL! THE COLOR IS ACCURATE VERY DARK GRAY ALMOST BLACK. I THINK YOU INFO IS PRETTY ACCURATE ON AGE, MATERIAL I AM CLUELESS. FOR MORE INFO ON LOCATION CHECK OUT MY NEW POST!!!

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection. Welcome to TNet. It's hard to tell from the picture but some could also be made from chert.
Deepsix

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions