My family and I moved from G.R. Michigan to Prescott Valley to be closer to my aging parents who live in the sweltering heat of Phoenix.
I have live across this great nation of ours, from Flagstaff in the late 90's(I barely recognize Flag anymore), Vail, Co in the 2000's to Chicago and then Michigan where we raised our kids, out in the forested sticks of glacial rural SW Michigan.
I have always enjoyed prospecting for gold and gems. I pulled a 24pt yellow diamond from Crater, an almost 7 carat ruby from Cherokee which cut a beautiful 3.75 carat high dome cab we set for my daughter in a butterfly pendant.
I have a goal of collecting enough gold to make a ring for my wife for our 25th anniversary. So far I've gathered 8.7g on my own. All from roadtrip prospecting over the last 16 years of marriage.
Most of it came from the Little Greenhorn River in California and the black sand deposits of Lake Superior. Flower gold was our go-to on Lk Superior.
It looks like I landed in the right spot, living below Bradshaw Mountain! I feel like I hit the jackpot and that my goal is now truly attainable!
If anyone wants to show the new kid around, hit me up.
I don't have all my equipment here yet, but pick and pan rules make that an easy purchase. Y'all know we just love to have an excuse to buy new stuff and even better when my wife is behind me 100%.(she wants that chunky ring I've been talking about for 16 years)
Looks like I get to go buy some classifiers and break in a new pan or 2 or 3.
See y'all out there
I have live across this great nation of ours, from Flagstaff in the late 90's(I barely recognize Flag anymore), Vail, Co in the 2000's to Chicago and then Michigan where we raised our kids, out in the forested sticks of glacial rural SW Michigan.
I have always enjoyed prospecting for gold and gems. I pulled a 24pt yellow diamond from Crater, an almost 7 carat ruby from Cherokee which cut a beautiful 3.75 carat high dome cab we set for my daughter in a butterfly pendant.
I have a goal of collecting enough gold to make a ring for my wife for our 25th anniversary. So far I've gathered 8.7g on my own. All from roadtrip prospecting over the last 16 years of marriage.
Most of it came from the Little Greenhorn River in California and the black sand deposits of Lake Superior. Flower gold was our go-to on Lk Superior.
It looks like I landed in the right spot, living below Bradshaw Mountain! I feel like I hit the jackpot and that my goal is now truly attainable!
If anyone wants to show the new kid around, hit me up.
I don't have all my equipment here yet, but pick and pan rules make that an easy purchase. Y'all know we just love to have an excuse to buy new stuff and even better when my wife is behind me 100%.(she wants that chunky ring I've been talking about for 16 years)
Looks like I get to go buy some classifiers and break in a new pan or 2 or 3.
See y'all out there
Upvote
3







