Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all!
My name is Chris. I'm new to the forum. I've been detecting for 2-3 years now. My first detector was a Bounty Hunter 505, & I recently purchased a Garrett AT Pro.
Here are some pics from a hunt a couple weeks ago (with the 505. It is a coin-finding machine, if nothing else!) at an old place near where I live. This building and grounds have been around from at least the 1940's or so, having been used for many purposes throughout the years (bars, restaurant, local KC Club, etc.). I know the current owner & he gladly granted permission to hunt.
I've been detecting here 3 or four times with mixed results. There is a ton of trash (bottle caps, pull tabs, etc) everywhere on the place, making hunting a little difficult. On one past hunt I even found a gold men's wedding band (which I never photographed. I'm not sure why?? Anyway, the band is gone. It was used to partially fund the purchase of the AT Pro. :happysmiley:) On this hunt, I found a handful of clads here and there throughout the morning, and was about to quit for the day when my detector started acting crazy over one particular spot. It was over the driveway, which is loose gravel. I half expected to see tabs and caps, so I halfheartedly raked at the gravel with my foot. I saw a couple coins, so I kneeled-down & started raking at it with my fingers. Out popped more and more! This was a recent spill, from the past couple years or so, as the place has been closed for at least a year. I ended up with a huge handful of change from this one spot. I think there might be a few more coins in the packed gravel beneath, but it started to rain, so I gave up & put my stuff away. I also found an IPhone on the place beneath the grass and leaves. The screen was crushed.
I haven't found any silver on this place, which is surprising. I found several coins back to 1965 but that seems to be the cut-off date for some reason??
In the pictures, you'll see the whole take for one day (my last hunt on the place). Everything to the left of the IPhone is the large spillage I found in the gravel with quarters, dimes, nickels in order, and surrounded by pennies (in a horse-shoe shape) on the outside. The center shows the IPhone and a clasp from a purse (Jimmy Choo of Italy, which I understand is fairly expensive stuff). The right is the random finds from the day. Mostly quarters, some dimes, and four pennies. Not a bad haul for 2-3 hours of hunting!

Attachments

• IMAG0191.jpg
    IMAG0191.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAG0194.jpg
    IMAG0194.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMAG0195.jpg
    IMAG0195.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Upvote 1

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome and good start.

poftravel

Apr 4, 2012
Coppell, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett TA300, GTAx-1250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice, it is all about having good places to hunt!! keep up the good work.

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site and looks like your doing good , If you would have had the AT Pro you could have hunted in the rain, Congrats on some god fines. GOOD HUNTING!!!!!

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Chris......and welcome to TNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions