What's new

New to this Forum

AU-AG

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Today I picked up 5 rolls nickles, 20 rolls pennies, 1 roll halves and found the following. Pre 82 pennies 107, no wheats just copper, because I think copper will go back up---- Nickles Lewis & Clark 4 buffalo, 5 ocean in view, 5 peace medal, 1 keel boat, 1 return to mont. 1-1941, 1-1942, 1-1942S, 1-1948, 1-1954, 1-1957----Halves 1-1968 @ 40%, & 4-1776-1976 although these dual dates are not silver it seems like I do not see a lot of them. Do any of you keep the dual dates or should I just return them? I'm kinda new to this roll hunting hobby.
 
Upvote 0
I assume you mean the Bi-centennials? I send them back, unless I'm wrong that is the year they minted the most havles..
 
seger98 said:
unless I'm wrong that is the year they minted the most havles..
Actually I think they kept using the same die for almost two years, that is why there are so many.

Send em back. :wink:
 
4-1776-1976 although these dual dates are not silver it seems like I do not see a lot of them. Do any of you keep the dual dates or should I just return them?
oh you will see alot of them....toss em....you'll be sick of em soon enough
BTW welcome to the forum
 
Toss the bicentennials, theres more than you can imagine out there.

2 Silver coins in what you bought is pretty good, you did well. Welcome to Tnet!
 
As some of you know, there are some silver Bicentennials out there. I wouldn't toss them til I checked them. I find the silver BCs will make that nice silver ping when dropped on a hard surface. Also there are Proof BCs out here. Jim
1976-S HALF DOLLAR - BICENTENNIAL -
SILVER
Mintage:
Circulation strikes: estimated 5,000,000
Proofs: estimated 4,000,000

Designer: Obverse by Gilroy Roberts; reverse by Seth Huntington

Diameter: ±31 millimeters

Metal Content:
Outer layers - ±80% Silver, ±20% Copper
Center - ±79% Copper, ±21% Silver

Weight: ±178 grains (±11.5 grams)

Edge: Reeded

Mintmark: "S" (for San Francisco, CA) centered above the date
Image courtesy of

Varieties:

Notes:
The Silver Bicentennial Half Dollars were sold in 3-piece sets along with the Silver Clad Washington Quarters and Silver-Clad Eisenhower Dollars. Mintages are approximate - 11,000,000 sets were struck and sold until 1982, when sales were halted.

Sources and/or recommended reading:
"The PCGS Population Report, August 2000" by The Professional Coin Grading Service
 
Welcome to the forum! Don't be afraid to ask questions and you will quickly get the basics down. Also check out the 1st message, it will save you a lot of time. Lots of good stuff there.

Maine_Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom