New York Militia button, flying eagle, large cent,token and more.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well had my first hunt in US with a great host Ken ''Z.K.'' from Vermont. Really enjoyed my week end stay and spent a great time in the awesome company learning the history of the region from the person who obviously enjoys history and relics hunting as much as I do, if not more.
Got a few interesting finds that I have very little chance to find in Canada.

My best would be the New York Militia button. Was really happy with the state I found it in.

20170716_234257[1312].jpg

An other interesting find is 1835 US large cent also in a decent shape. It's funny but most of the Halfpenny tokens I find in Canada are dated 1835 so I guess it follows me in US

DSC_1669.JPG
DSC_1664.JPG

A few Indian heads, a flying eagle cent in so so shape(seems like they are rarer, I had no idea)

DSC_1677.JPG

An interesting token from L.M. Cotton that seems to promote their trailers equipped with '' Hassler shock's''.
Hassler shock's I believe were also installed on the Ford's Model T which I find cool.

DSC_1674.JPG
DSC_1675.JPG
23995415969_e31d121c50_b.jpg

A nice gold guilt flat button.

DSC_1683.JPG

Also a dozen or so beautiful decorative large and small 19th century buttons and a large brass buckle (unfortunately no pics).

Awesome time spent South of the border (Canadian border that is :laughing7:) Really enjoyed the company and the hunts!

Last edited:
Upvote 41

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always amazed when anybody finds a Flying Eagle cent - they effectively made these for TWO years ( the 1856 is virtually a pattern coin in terms of rarity ).

I'll be amazed "IF" I ever recover only ONE! LOL! Yep, one of those bucket list coins many folks never will recover. Not for lack of trying either. Just a scarce specimen.

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It looks like you were digging in some very kind soil. Congratulations on several very nice finds :icon_thumright:

Thanks! Yes, the soil was mostly good except for the FE

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the LC, IHP's and especially the Flying Eagle, but that button is amazing. I've found many treble gilt buttons but rarely is there any gold left. I would have thought I had a gold coin had I seen the edge of that button in the hole! Also great token and militia piece!!!

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love the LC, IHP's and especially the Flying Eagle, but that button is amazing. I've found many treble gilt buttons but rarely is there any gold left. I would have thought I had a gold coin had I seen the edge of that button in the hole! Also great token and militia piece!!!

It wasn't as shiny when I pulled it from out the stream so had no reason to confuse it with the gold coin, but after a quick rub it did indeed look like a shiny gold.

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet finds, no doubt! FE is very nice to come across, but I'm really impressed with the quality of your LC. What a great thing to have a buddy to go with on your visit, nice on his part as well. Congrats! HH

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well had my first hunt in US with a great host Ken ''Z.K.'' from Vermont. Really enjoyed my week end stay and spent a great time in the awesome company learning the history of the region from the person who obviously enjoys history and relics hunting as much as I do, if not more.
Got a few interesting finds that I have very little chance to find in Canada.

My best would be the New York Militia button. Was really happy with the state I found it in.

View attachment 1473831

An other interesting find is 1835 US large cent also in a decent shape. It's funny but most of the Halfpenny tokens I find in Canada are dated 1835 so I guess it follows me in US

View attachment 1473832
View attachment 1473833

A few Indian heads, a flying eagle cent in so so shape(seems like they are rarer, I had no idea)

View attachment 1473835

An interesting token from L.M. Cotton that seems to promote their trailers equipped with '' Hassler shock's''.
Hassler shock's I believe were also installed on the Ford's Model T which I find cool.

View attachment 1473839
View attachment 1473840
View attachment 1473841

A nice gold guilt flat button.

View attachment 1473843

Also a dozen or so beautiful decorative large and small 19th century buttons and a large brass buckle (unfortunately no pics).

Awesome time spent South of the border (Canadian border that is :laughing7:) Really enjoyed the company and the hunts!

WOW!
A site or 2 like that a year & i'd be Set.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an awesome time with a great human being. Great job guys

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet finds, no doubt! FE is very nice to come across, but I'm really impressed with the quality of your LC. What a great thing to have a buddy to go with on your visit, nice on his part as well. Congrats! HH

Thank you. Yes, really happy my first MH cent turned out to be in a such a nice condition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread