New York Militia button, flying eagle, large cent,token and more.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well had my first hunt in US with a great host Ken ''Z.K.'' from Vermont. Really enjoyed my week end stay and spent a great time in the awesome company learning the history of the region from the person who obviously enjoys history and relics hunting as much as I do, if not more.
Got a few interesting finds that I have very little chance to find in Canada.

My best would be the New York Militia button. Was really happy with the state I found it in.

20170716_234257[1312].jpg

An other interesting find is 1835 US large cent also in a decent shape. It's funny but most of the Halfpenny tokens I find in Canada are dated 1835 so I guess it follows me in US

DSC_1669.JPG
DSC_1664.JPG

A few Indian heads, a flying eagle cent in so so shape(seems like they are rarer, I had no idea)

DSC_1677.JPG

An interesting token from L.M. Cotton that seems to promote their trailers equipped with '' Hassler shock's''.
Hassler shock's I believe were also installed on the Ford's Model T which I find cool.

DSC_1674.JPG
DSC_1675.JPG
23995415969_e31d121c50_b.jpg

A nice gold guilt flat button.

DSC_1683.JPG

Also a dozen or so beautiful decorative large and small 19th century buttons and a large brass buckle (unfortunately no pics).

Awesome time spent South of the border (Canadian border that is :laughing7:) Really enjoyed the company and the hunts!

Last edited:
Upvote 41
I'm always amazed when anybody finds a Flying Eagle cent - they effectively made these for TWO years ( the 1856 is virtually a pattern coin in terms of rarity ).

I'll be amazed "IF" I ever recover only ONE! LOL! Yep, one of those bucket list coins many folks never will recover. Not for lack of trying either. Just a scarce specimen.

Love the LC, IHP's and especially the Flying Eagle, but that button is amazing. I've found many treble gilt buttons but rarely is there any gold left. I would have thought I had a gold coin had I seen the edge of that button in the hole! Also great token and militia piece!!!

Love the LC, IHP's and especially the Flying Eagle, but that button is amazing. I've found many treble gilt buttons but rarely is there any gold left. I would have thought I had a gold coin had I seen the edge of that button in the hole! Also great token and militia piece!!!

It wasn't as shiny when I pulled it from out the stream so had no reason to confuse it with the gold coin, but after a quick rub it did indeed look like a shiny gold.

Sweet finds, no doubt! FE is very nice to come across, but I'm really impressed with the quality of your LC. What a great thing to have a buddy to go with on your visit, nice on his part as well. Congrats! HH

Well had my first hunt in US with a great host Ken ''Z.K.'' from Vermont. Really enjoyed my week end stay and spent a great time in the awesome company learning the history of the region from the person who obviously enjoys history and relics hunting as much as I do, if not more.
Got a few interesting finds that I have very little chance to find in Canada.

My best would be the New York Militia button. Was really happy with the state I found it in.

View attachment 1473831

An other interesting find is 1835 US large cent also in a decent shape. It's funny but most of the Halfpenny tokens I find in Canada are dated 1835 so I guess it follows me in US

View attachment 1473832
View attachment 1473833

A few Indian heads, a flying eagle cent in so so shape(seems like they are rarer, I had no idea)

View attachment 1473835

An interesting token from L.M. Cotton that seems to promote their trailers equipped with '' Hassler shock's''.
Hassler shock's I believe were also installed on the Ford's Model T which I find cool.

View attachment 1473839
View attachment 1473840
View attachment 1473841

A nice gold guilt flat button.

View attachment 1473843

Also a dozen or so beautiful decorative large and small 19th century buttons and a large brass buckle (unfortunately no pics).

Awesome time spent South of the border (Canadian border that is :laughing7:) Really enjoyed the company and the hunts!

WOW!
A site or 2 like that a year & i'd be Set.

Looks like an awesome time with a great human being. Great job guys

Sweet finds, no doubt! FE is very nice to come across, but I'm really impressed with the quality of your LC. What a great thing to have a buddy to go with on your visit, nice on his part as well. Congrats! HH

Thank you. Yes, really happy my first MH cent turned out to be in a such a nice condition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back