What's new

NEWB................Only to this forum. :D

silvermuch?

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hi.
Always liked this forum since I shifted to sorting only halves (instead of pennies) for this summer. I decided to join after checking in regularly to see some pretty kick A$$ finds on here.
My question is what company uses the light brown half wrappers? Also what banks have them? Any national banks?
The ones I am talking about can be seen here:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,179342.0.html

Any help would be great.
Thanks,
(eharrison)
 
Upvote 0
Welcome aboard. Glad to have you with us.
 
Welcome to the forum! We have a great group of people here, nice to add you to the mix. ;)

As far as the wrappers, I have never gotten them in any of my boxes, so its probably just a different suppliers wrapper that doesn't service the northeast as much or at all. We get a lot of String'n'Son up here, CWI uses those (they are yellow in color), and Brinks don't have any logo, but are more of a grayish color than brown.

Sorry I couldn't help.

I'm sure if you check back later, the person who posted that image you linked to will have posted to let you know where her got them.

~Dave
 
silvermuch? said:
My question is what company uses the light brown half wrappers? Also what banks have them? Any national banks?
Ethan, It is more the armored car carrier than the banks. They are probably the ones who do the wrapping and boxing. I have seen those wrappers on occasion out here (SoCA) I mostly get the red ink ones.


(P.S. your bags are going out today)
 
The wrappers in that picture are Brinks- you can see the name on the side.
Brinks always has their name on the wrapper and the colors will vary. CWI is mostly yellow and uses N F String wrapper paper.
Universal wrapper colors by denomination are red for pennies, blue for nickels, green for dimes, orange for quarters and yellow for halves.
 
I get the Brinks ones like in the picture, the NF String & Sons yellow in my CWI boxes and ones that look a lot like the Brinks ones but are darker ink, almost black and only say '$10 Halves' in my other flat boxes(look like the CWI boxes but yellow ink and no stamp).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom