What's new

Newbee here with a guestion

MarkinIa

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2005
Messages
477
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
Hi everybody, I started CRH just before X-mas and I think I'm hooked, lol. I have been to just about every bank in a 50 mile radius of my home and have bought every half dollar I was aloud to buy.

My guestion is, How long do I wait before I start hitting those banks again for HD's?

I would appreciate any advise you guys may have, thanks
 
Upvote 0
If you have the time, go every week and ask for halves. When I can't find halves I just buy other denominations of coins to search. I'd rather have something to look through than go home with nothing. lol Good luck and have fun.
 
Yea go every week, you never know they might have something one day and is gone the next. :icon_pirat:
Also try other denominations too, I like doing dimes and pennies. ;D
 
Thanks guys, I kind a figured you would say to go every week. You never know, somebody could bring in a bunch of silver halves 5 min's after you leave. Since I'm unemployed now I have the time to run around to the banks and I'm having alot of fun. I wish I would have gotten in to this hobby alot sooner.
 
Where in IA are you from. Somebody has been cleaning out the banks from Council Bluffs down to Hamburg on a pretty consistent basis. Not saying you won't find anything there but I gave up on them a while ago.

Like somebody else said in another post, stick with boxes. You know they are yours and you know they are there. Not to say you can't get lucky on a road trip.

Also if your banks have coin counters then there is an even bigger chance that any halves brought in won't be available for you to pick up.
 
Hey packfan, it's not me hitting the banks in your area. I'm a long ways from your area. But if I do get to that side of the state I'll stay out of your banks, lol
 
MarkinIa said:
Hey packfan, it's not me hitting the banks in your area. I'm a long ways from your area. But if I do get to that side of the state I'll stay out of your banks, lol

LOL. Turfwars of the Tnet. Guys on the street with rolls of coins rather than watches hanging inside their coats. "Hey mon, wha chu need?"
 
Oh its not my turf, lol. I live in nebraska but after several attempts at the famed road trip with nary a 90%er to show for it I gave up on most of the banks around here. If I happen to be in a small town during the week I'll certainly stop in and ask but I've just had much better luck with boxes.
 
DigginThePast said:
MarkinIa said:
Hey packfan, it's not me hitting the banks in your area. I'm a long ways from your area. But if I do get to that side of the state I'll stay out of your banks, lol

LOL. Turfwars of the Tnet. Guys on the street with rolls of coins rather than watches hanging inside their coats. "Hey mon, wha chu need?"

That was a good one DigginThePast, That cracked me up, LOL
 
Are you 'road-trippin' it yet for halves? That's what I gotta do at times, or if I have to go quite a distance from home, I'll make sure I have $$ for CRHing with me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom