bc_bushman
Tenderfoot
- Joined
- Jan 23, 2016
- Messages
- 6
- Reaction score
- 35
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Vancouver, BC
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Excaliber 2 with 10 inch coil
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting

Found 111 clad coins buried in a blue plastic box under a log on the beach in Steveston BC, Canada. Modern coins and mostly pennies but still a thrill digging it up. Cache was found about 10 inches down using my new excaliber 2. It's my first metal detector and I've only had it a couple weeks, so far a 1945 silver dime, 1963 silver quarter and about $20 worth of clad. Looking forward to taking it diving in the tropics.
Last edited:
Upvote
52
I have been lucky enough to dig up 3 caches. My 1st one (151 pennies and 2 nickels) was found with m Treasure Cove TC-1023 in 2014. It was next to a tree at the football field in town. My second one was dug on on old property and it came from where the burn barrel was (I presume) it was a compact with 4 wheat pennies. The 3rd cache was 14 zinc pennies near a tree on an old farm. Caches are fun to dig and feed the fire of the passion for this hobby. I am hoping to find a silver cache someday.







