F

FiveFoote

Hi guys,

I found this forum a month ago and have been lurking ;D. You guys find some of the neatest stuff and have the best tips. With a tight budget I was able to get a new White's IDX Pro off Ebay. It came on Monday so I haven't had a chance to really play with it yet. My 5 year old son and I did a bit in the front yard and found some pennies one of which was a wheatie and a quarter. My very first find was the quarter. What a thrill. My son's first try turned out to be an old hotwheel type bus. Things couldn't have worked out better. Now he wants to "treasure" hunt with me. I tried the MD again while he was at soccer practice other day and checked around the playground. There were tons of hits but I was only able to get the items that were buried in the loose mulch as I hadn't brougt a shovel. With our two outings we have already found $4.13, a car, a Discovery Zone Token and some pieces of foil, pull tabs and a very corroded latch of some sort. Not bad for just two outings totaling less than an hour. I am so looking forward to this weekend. I am hoping to hit an old foundation I know of that has been virtually untouched since I came across it when I was a kid. I think it may have been an old church. Hopefully I'll get lucky enough to find something really old.

P.S. do you guys have any recommendations for carrying cases? I don't want to look like I'm carrying a rifle but I really don't want to have to brake it down everytime either.

Upvote 0
M

mchamby

thanks for the suggestion on Josten, I have an email into them. When I was in school the company was balfour so I didn't know what Josten stood for. That is a good 1 hour total, I find a lot around school yards. I don't break down my explorer 2 I just keep it in the trunk and it goes everywhere with me just in case I see new ground that looks inviting. Happy Hunting
Mchamby

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FiveFoote, its great to have you in the forum. I am sure you are going to have a wonderful time with your new Whites. You ask anyone on here and they will agree you have had some great luck so far. Do us all a favor and make sure you post often so we can see what you are finding. Again welcome to the forum and good luck.

HH (Happy Hunting)

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Hey FiveFoote, welcome to the forum. I started out with a White's ID, then an IDX and now an XLT. You can find great things with the IDX. If you don't have one, make sure you get a headset. It will really help you out. I wouldn't bother with a case unless you are traveling all over the country. I just throw mine in the back of the truck or station wagon and I am off. Much easier, and you spend more time detecting and less time putting it together.
Your finds are great. It took me months before I found a wheat penny. Just keep practicing and don't get disheartened if you are not finding everything, it will happen. Keep you discrimination low and sensitivity high. Dig everything and you will learn what you are hearing. Welcome to a great hobby....Lance

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum.Good luck and post your finds often.H.H.-diggummup P.S.-I have a White's padded carrying bag you can have for next to nothing.If interested pm me.Maybe i'll list it on ebay if you don't want it.I don't own a white's so I don't need it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread