Shep63

Greenie
Dec 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0
Welcome from White Plains, New York! Spent a lot of time in Montgomery in the 1960s. My Grandmother lived there.

Hey Bill,, I really can't help on a specific machine. I believe like most everything , you get what you pay for and $200 doesnt give you much to choose from or getting a good machine. But I'm not here to discurage you in anyway so any of the top names you need to check out. Whites, Garrett, Minelab ect. I personally own a Garrett and a Minelab. Do some reasearch and a cmpany that I dealt with and I'm very happy with is KellyCo. But there are alot of dealers out there as well. And welcome to the fever !

Get a Tesoro Compadre to start. Around $160 new with lifetime warranty. Great, easy to use, finds the stuff machine.

Thanks guys!i have been researching a couple of days and the Ace250 keeps calling me.There is a Garrett dealer about 45 mi from me.Not many MDers around here.The Compadre also is one of my options.

Get yourself the Compadre,been using mine since June or July and it's already paid itself off and then some.

ive used a 150 and a fisher f2 both great machines,if you get the tesoro let us know what you think,from a "newbies"
perspective.im gonna buy one anyhow just to round off the top three in that price range.
tesoro is an awsome company im sure you wont be disipointed. though with the garrett the bell tone
sucks you in,like a slot machine very annoying,for me anyhow.
hope this helps.

Like to see your post when you start finding stuff. Do you know what type of hunting your gonna do? I havent picked up a detector I didnt like. My ol Harbor Freight said in the manual it was a great detector to find nails in wood, lol. You basic machines will have you digging a lot of trash. Expect to spend $400.00 dollars and up for a good machine that will discriminate better for you. Dont know what that is, you will in the first half hour of digging. Took me 2 years to get a top end detector. You got to swing and be over the target is the only real thing that matters. One machine I wish I had is a AT Pro by Garret. Its very close to my expensive Fisher detector. I only mention it as Im interested in it. Good Luck.

I have about decided on the Ace 250.I need to quit reading and buy.I'll be buying from Kellyco when I do.I had it down to the 250 and F2.That Compadre keeps calling me though..The warranty is hard to turn down.I will be hunting coins and rings mostly or anything I can dig out.

I gotta hand it to you, you put your foot down and made a choice. The ace250 is a good machine to start with, any one is as good as the other. Now learn that machine and learn tectin. A lot of guys paid for their thousand dollar plus machines with ace250 finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back