Nice box of halves yesterday

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
I freakin' love this supplier! I think I've culled $1k worth in silver out of their boxes in the past 6 week or so since I started ordering from them. Bumping my volume next week. :)

1 '43 WLH, AU55... needs a dip.

4x Bens...'60 (XF) '62 (AU50) '63 (AU55) '63-D (AU55)

8x '64's.

16x 40%'ers.

Crappy cell phone pic of the whole lot, I'll post some good pics of the WLH after I dip it.

IMAG0526-1.jpg

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice merc, hit up that supplier, it's a good one...that walker is a beauty too...
hh
buff

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
thats awesome... i miss finding silver... have found 1x 40% in past like 2 months doing only 2 boxes a week though from a terrible supplier

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome box! A ton of 90's... I've done 300+ boxes & never had more than about 7-8 90's in a box (lots of 40s tho). Congrats!

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! That might be classified as a borderline "dream box" with all those 90's.

OP
OP
Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! That might be classified as a borderline "dream box" with all those 90's.

Dream box for me would have to be at least 20oz of silver. This box isn't even my best in that regard. It is my best box for 90%ers, though. This box is a little over 7.3oz of silver... best box I've ever had was about 12oz.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice box there Merc! I know that had to feel good going through! It's nice to find silver every couple of rolls. Congrats! Maverick.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
NICE! That '65 must have been circulated a lot (not what you see with Kens usually). The WLH looks good to me, why dip it?

OP
OP
Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
NICE! That '65 must have been circulated a lot (not what you see with Kens usually). The WLH looks good to me, why dip it?

The '65 will go in my pocket piece collection, it's a AG3-G4 or so. By far the most worn 40%'er I've ever found, I love lowball coins.

The WLH needs a dip because the toning is pretty much black on the back, and quite unattractive to boot. It'll look a lot better post-dip. I'll take some good shots before and after, but first I need to get more dip since I'm out...

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does dipping effect the numismatic value? I have a 34D San Diego half with horrible toning.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
be careful with cell phone pics, I believe there was an old post about using a program to get your gps coordinates off a cell phone pic?

I think the recommended protocol was to email it to yourself first and then post, can anyone reconfirm this?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
be careful with cell phone pics, I believe there was an old post about using a program to get your gps coordinates off a cell phone pic?

I think the recommended protocol was to email it to yourself first and then post, can anyone reconfirm this?

That is true, but I believe this photo was copied from Merc's Photobucket account, judging by the "location" of this photo in the properties.

OP
OP
Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
Does dipping effect the numismatic value? I have a 34D San Diego half with horrible toning.

If you don't know what you're doing, don't mess around. You can easily destroy a coin by overdipping. Read up on the Norweb and Jack Lee 1893-S... commonly concluded that NCC (NGC's conservation department) overdipped and ruined the coin.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hah, that '65 really has seen better days, i love lowball coins too.. i keep all the extremely worn coins i get even clad... if only coins could talk...
hh
buff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread