What's new

Nice but strange point!

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
4,253
Reaction score
1,627
Golden Thread
0
Has any one ever seen a little point like this one? It is a bit flatter on one side than the other and the notches are not lined up. I think it is complete!

image-3889646038.webp



image-4106135837.webp
 
Upvote 0
Probably a knife. Knifes dont have to be perfect. Looks to be from the Kirk family.
 
natchitoches said:
thats one eye jake's point. lol
nice point

I thought that was who that point belonged to!lol! I better get it back to him.
 
Has any one ever seen a little point like this one? It is a bit flatter on one side than the other and the notches are not lined up. I think it is complete!

View attachment 694908

ACH]694909[/ATTACH]
What type of material is it? To me it looks like pieces we find here that are fire fractured. I don't know if fractured is tbe correct term but someething that somehow ended up in a fire and got hot enough to start to break apart.
 
I'd guess also that it's Kirk related and maybe the stem corners are damaged.
 
T Witko said:
What type of material is it? To me it looks like pieces we find here that are fire fractured. I don't know if fractured is tbe correct term but someething that somehow ended up in a fire and got hot enough to start to break apart.

Kelly, that is a good question. I don't know what type of stone it is. I'm sure it is a flint or chert. I have one fire damaged point, and I don't think that is the case here. The corners of the stem are beveled off. It is an odd ball!
 
Looks like a keeper to me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom