What's new

nice dime box!

fiddycent

Full Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2008
Messages
177
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
scooted around town today picking up dime boxes. three banks. three boxes. each box was CWI.

opened the first box. dang!!! an ENTIRE BOX OF 2008-P ROSIES! no bling in that thing.

opened the second box. 50 rolls later...skunk. man...this ain't goin' well at all.

hesitantly opened the third box with very little expectation. second roll...hey, isn't that a merc? YES! oh well, at least one merc for my troubles. a few rolls later...a '64 rosie! cool. this might not be so bad after all.

long story short...that third box was awesome for a dime box! pulled 3 64-D's, 2 64 plains, a '62 plain, a 51 plain a 46-D and 2 '44 mercs, one plain, one D mm. to top it all off the last roll had a '45 canadian dime. BLING! even the foreign stuff is a keeper! no holes filled in my little dime books but hey...still keepers!

been a while since i'd seen a box like that, but i'll keep looking for the next one! \

by the way...can someone give me a good website that lists silver content of foreign coins? i have a few i'd like to research. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance and happy hunting folks!
 

Attachments

  • 100_3381.webp
    100_3381.webp
    147.4 KB · Views: 376
Upvote 0
Hello,
Congrat's on your dime boxes. I havent found a merk yet. :-[
As for a web site to look up foriegn try, WORLDCOINGALLERY.com

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 
Congrats on the dime scores. I also searched dime boxes this year, was able to fill all but 12 holes in the silver Roosevelt folder. I also had good luck with CWI boxes, pulling multiple silvers out of single rolls. Keep at it and you may even find Barber dimes, as I pulled 6 in great shape. Several Mercs and also Canadian silver.

AMC
 
congratulations. Dimes have been producing much better for me lately than anything else
 
Awesome box!!! :icon_pirat:
 
I HATE those boxes of freshly minted coins. If I look in and I can tell they are new I will ask for a different box. Yeah the tellers give me wierd looks and are generally inconvenienced but at least I'm not wasting my time. I've also pulled 2 Merc's because I asked for different boxes. But Congrats, that averages more than 3 keepers a box so not bad at all.
 
Nice score JI....excellent box! Especially the Mercs. They are kinda like the Walker of dimes to me.

I used to search dimes when I didn't have halves to search. They are fun....pulling those little silver wafers was exciting. BTW - great picture!!

Good luck on the next search. Keep em coming.................
 
Nice score! I've NEVER had a box that good for dimes!

Hope your luck keeps up!

~Dave
 

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom