What's new

Nice Etley blade

Cosmo

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
254
Reaction score
369
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a nice one from SO. IL. 4 3/4 long.
 

Attachments

  • image-42185730.webp
    image-42185730.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 132
  • image-2574138931.webp
    image-2574138931.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 124
  • image-4031645827.webp
    image-4031645827.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0
Wow that is a nice blade did you find that one !!!!
 
Paint, not a personal find.I bought a shadowbox that you hang on the wall at a flea market it was full of feathers, fake pipes, fake artifacts ect. The etley was center in the box. I thought at the time it might be real, but wasn't sure until I took it home. Worked out great as I resold the box for original purchase price and kept the etley.
 
So you think that happened to be authentic why?
Have you tried rubbing it with alcohol?
Or acetone
 
Last edited:
Oak if it is authentic but it sure looks nice ;).. Gator your up early
 
Gator, looks good under the scope, and a few collectors I showed it to thought it looked good. What don't look right about it to you?
 
I wasn't even commenting on the look of it.
Just the fact that it was in a box with obvious imposters.
 
Looks authentic to me when I blow it up...

Try a taste test, lots of times you can tell if it had an acid bath that wau..






American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom