Nice, Fat, Little Sidewinder

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With temps here in the desert southwest starting to taper off, cold blooded creatures are able to spend more time hunting, and preparing for their impending hibernation instead of hiding from the sun/heat. It was evident that this little beauty had been taking full advantage of this shift in climate by the obvious bulge in it's belly once I was finally able to locate the source of it's annoyed rattling. Took some pics and a short video before moving on and allowing it to go back to hunting down disease ridden rodents and rattling at idiots walking around the desert in the dark. Here's one of the pics. Gorgeous. IMG_20200926_194905856.jpg

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Coolness! Thanks for not harming it, I like and respect them..especially a sidewinder, since I live in Michigan, no worry.
We have one dangerous viper in my state, peeps locally freak out over a 2-foot long serpent...:icon_scratch:

OP
OP
P

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love rattlesnakes. They are incredible examples of evolution, and it's interesting to see the different adaptations each species has undergone to best suit their specific needs. I do my best to leave them alive and healthy when we cross paths, and will even show them back out into the desert when they are close to the park or bike paths. I know a lot of people would rather see them killed, but I'd rather them continue to provide free pest control and keep rodent numbers down as low as they can....

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost stepped on one outside of Las Vegas years ago. It was coiled up and half under the sand hunting lizards or other tasty stuff. I got its picture and left it. I scared the snot out of it.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live too far north for poisonous snakes and that is just fine with me.

OP
OP
P

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions