Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the park to finish the second swimming area. It was raining pretty hard, but in the water with a wet suit on, no problem for me. The targets were again low in number, unfortunately the coins were mostly pennies, but close to the end of the hunt gold showed up so it made my day

Another 4.5 hours swingin the ATPro in the water and edge of the beach gave me 22 coins with a face value of $1.27, a Canadian nickel, another toy car, a bottle opener (it was in 4 feet of water along with 4 beer bottle caps, looks like someone was cooling off on a hot day LOL), 2 sinkers, 6 tabs, a selfie stick retainer, an earring back, a cheapie ring, 2 cheapie earrings, a tiny silver kitten earring, 2 more rings, a pendant, a broken brooch, bottle caps and of course aluminum foil.

AD9EEC66-8EE7-410B-A90E-0A1D66ACBAB4.jpeg

The star of the show is this nice little 14k quinceanera pendant with a cz. It is thin and light and rang up as a 42 on the VDI just like aluminum foil. It was nice to see gold in the scoop instead of the foil I have been scooping. It only weighs .05 troy ounces or 1.6 grams.

F7A4FDE0-084D-4764-A733-ECA39A70C3CB.jpeg

The rings are tungsten carbide, a Pandora rose gold plated crown ring with the plating partly worn off and a cheapie toe ring. The little kitten earring had a screw type back that is missing and so now I have a pair of kittens. Too bad they don?t match.

F6E3142A-CFDA-447F-8FA4-775C9A0E1917.jpeg 60D3923F-8980-4184-AC86-1A48A10F87E5.jpeg

One of my tabs was the tail of a beaver tail tab. It kind of goes along with the Canadian nickel that has a beaver on the back don?t you think?

F710F205-8CFF-4DCD-9CF6-57F9432137F7.jpeg

Another productive hunt in the water. I have one more swimming area to do in this park and then next week the state parks will open up for detecting. Hopefully they will be productive as well. Thanks for looking everyone, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 18

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! Thanks for posting!! I like the kitten earring!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Productive hunt! Well done on the gold and rings.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do these old swimming holes you hunt have sand bottoms, or ??? Gary

It varies. Most have a layer of sand, sometimes 12 to 15 inches deep, but parts of the same area can have gravel with almost no sand. All have a clay and rock under layer that is very difficulty to penetrate with a scoop. So there are some targets I consider permanent. You scratch and dig, but you can never reach them and every year I get the signal from the same spot and dig and scratch until I get to the point that I realize it is not recoverable. I fill in the hole and move on. This section was partly sandy and them mostly gravel. The gold pendant came out of the gravel. Stay safe and keep swingin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread