Nice Indian...and more

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went by the park today and they had scraped about 2"-3" off an area about 40'x40'. Not sure what they were going to do, but I appreciated them taking off the trash layer for me (so I thought).

Finds 080123.jpg

Much like in my last post, I almost immediately found an IHP. This one had a nice patina with little damage or corrosion. I'm guessing because of the sandy soil in the park. It isn't often I find an IHP this clean. Just need to get a little more dirt off the back without further damaging the patina.

IHP Obverse 080123.jpgIHP Reverse 080123.jpg

Also got a sharp war nickel.

War Nickel Obverse 080123.jpgWar Nickel Reverse 080123.jpg

Pulled up a gold plated cuff-link but it disintegrated pretty fast. The back of the cuff-link had an interesting design, so I included a shot of it. I would guess the design would be an indication of its age.

GP Cuff Link Back 080123.jpg

Also pulled up a pocket knife that I believe would be several decades old, guessing by the design. I was able to pry it open. Not something I've been able to do with other knives I've found of similar age. Again, I wonder if the sandy soil helped preserve it.

Pocket Knife 080123.jpg

Today's finds...

1882 Indian Head Penny
1920 Buffalo Nickel
1943-P Silver War Nickel
(2) Wheatback pennies 1928, 1950-D
Gold plated cuff-link back, "old house design"
Mother of Pearl Pocket Knife
(2) wick advancers from brass oil lamps, one with a patent date March 10, 1868

PBS

Attachments

• Finds 080123.jpg
    Finds 080123.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 23
Upvote 11
Nice finds! I love the cuff link! I wish they would do some scraping at my park! I thought they would when they were upgrading the disc golf course but nope. The cut stuff down but it is all growing back uglier than ever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back