reel 001.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 252
  • reel 002.jpg
    reel 002.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 499
  • reel 004.jpg
    reel 004.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 152
That's awesome, definitely worth more than a dollar...good score!

Very cool my friend

That's a nice link Diggummup ! There is a small number 2 under the part that goes on the pole

So it's one of the smaller ones. Still a great find, especially for a buck. You should still be able to get $40-$50 for it, I would guess. This rusty one with missing pieces sold for $36 and change. It is the same as yours I believe with it having a 2 3/4" diam. spool- Vintage / Antique Julius Vom Hofe Casting Reel -Pat'd Nov 17,1885 & Oct 8,1899 | eBay
The larger salt water reels and fly reels as usual go for the most. You should call Ron Gast, he is a very knowledgeable authority on all things fishing related. His number is is posted on the link I provided.

The good thing is, there is a lot of info available out there, here is another link to check out- Edward Vom Hofe | Antique Tackle Observer

Nice fishing real, the copper wire is called a lead line and is used to drag a bottom fishing plug close to bottom when boat is going fast trolling for striped bass,
I fished off of a boat like one time and we got a half dozen bass in about one hour,It was a blast.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back