Nice old park

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it started funny at first gave my huning buddy a call and said meet me in Modale got some private property to hunt. Instead he went to Mondamin by accident or was it???. So I gathered the kids up and heading to the town he was at and hit the park there. Nice old park and the big hole they dug (City crew) a 25x 25 area scraped off down to 10" plus. So I told Mike M. that I was heading in the dirt to hunt all I got from a anwser was its muddy there do to the 3 days of rain. That didnt stop me plus a old park freshly dug :icon_scratch: come on do the home work (Oldies oldies oldies). Well after about 3 min's of hunting here comes the wheaties and relics from the past and then he joined it. Sorry no camera left it at home :(but not a bad day there in the hole. What he got was a 1919 wheatie and a few clads to and myself well here you go.
1 1907 Indian penny
3 wheaties 1912, 1942 and 1942-D and lots of square nails :thumbsup:
2 regular pennys and a clad dime

Later all and HH

Upvote 0

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good.. probably more there.

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
oh yes nice start

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-MAX
Good to see that I am not the only one playing in the mud in Iowa! Way to go get those oldies!!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

Dave

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting location I look at the Sanborn map of the town and the location is where the seat where at I guess. In the center is where a band stand was at so it was close to it. Maybe more to come just waiting for the weather to break alittle bit more. HH all later

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went back after about two weeks to see if i can talk to someone about it. As I got there they where putting up a play ground set up. I managed to talk to the forman of the company and see what they did with the dirt. They told me where but was off limits do to conscruction and its a liability issue to. After they get do Im ok to start detecting. Later and HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread