P Pancake Full Member Joined Nov 27, 2012 Messages 194 Reaction score 158 Golden Thread 0 Location Mass. Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jan 13, 2013 #1 Went for a walk around the pond this afternoon. Found this one. It's cool and unlike all the quartz I've been finding lately. Upvote 0
Went for a walk around the pond this afternoon. Found this one. It's cool and unlike all the quartz I've been finding lately.
theviking Bronze Member Joined Aug 29, 2009 Messages 1,404 Reaction score 921 Golden Thread 0 Location Blue ridge mts, Virginia Primary Interest: Other Jan 13, 2013 #2 Very nice, interesting material. Thanks for the view.
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 13, 2013 #3 Real cool. It looks like it has layers Like slate.
P Pancake Full Member Joined Nov 27, 2012 Messages 194 Reaction score 158 Golden Thread 0 Location Mass. Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jan 13, 2013 Thread Owner #4 Thanks. What looks like a crack running down the middle is actually just a black line in the stone. Same for the line on the left side.
Thanks. What looks like a crack running down the middle is actually just a black line in the stone. Same for the line on the left side.
theviking Bronze Member Joined Aug 29, 2009 Messages 1,404 Reaction score 921 Golden Thread 0 Location Blue ridge mts, Virginia Primary Interest: Other Jan 13, 2013 #5 Cool, I have some similar material with white lines, or veins.
bsit1361 Bronze Member Joined Feb 23, 2010 Messages 1,492 Reaction score 895 Golden Thread 0 Location md Jan 13, 2013 #6 Almost looks like rhyolite.
P Pancake Full Member Joined Nov 27, 2012 Messages 194 Reaction score 158 Golden Thread 0 Location Mass. Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jan 13, 2013 Thread Owner #7 bsit1361 said: Almost looks like rhyolite. Click to expand... I'm not sure what it is. First one I've found made out of this stuff. Going to show it to a few people here to see if anyone local knows what the material is. I'm on the coast in Massachusetts, I don't think we have any rhyolite here.
bsit1361 said: Almost looks like rhyolite. Click to expand... I'm not sure what it is. First one I've found made out of this stuff. Going to show it to a few people here to see if anyone local knows what the material is. I'm on the coast in Massachusetts, I don't think we have any rhyolite here.
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 13, 2013 #8 But you do have a lot of slate.. and siltstone.
P Pancake Full Member Joined Nov 27, 2012 Messages 194 Reaction score 158 Golden Thread 0 Location Mass. Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jan 13, 2013 Thread Owner #9 I think you might be right about it being slate. I have a couple siltstone ones and this is definitely a bit different.
I think you might be right about it being slate. I have a couple siltstone ones and this is definitely a bit different.
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 13, 2013 #10 Cool one there. I dont get slate points in this area.