What's new

Nice Pa jasper point

Coilcrazy2

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2010
Messages
276
Reaction score
744
Golden Thread
3
Location
Reading, pa
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, gray ghost headphones,
Fisher 1265x,
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Tesoro cibola,
Tesoro Outlaw
Hey everyone, I was waking some fields the other day here in SE Pennsylvania and managed to recover this beauty. Anybody have an idea what age it's from?
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    538.1 KB · Views: 158
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    125.2 KB · Views: 157
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    283.3 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 0
It's middle archaic, from what I remember, remembering these days is problematic, I think 3-4 thousand years old. Looks like it's made of the Verz Cruz Jasper.
 
:icon_thumright: Beautiful point!
 
That IS a beauty!
 
Very nice!!!
 
Real nice early archaic Kirk notched point IMO, I would date it at 7,000-9,000 years old. I love the flaking on that one, especially the deep flakes taken to form the notches. I would bet the base is ground a bit on that one. Congratulations !
 
That is a very nice find. Thanks for sharing.
 
Real nice early archaic Kirk notched point IMO, I would date it at 7,000-9,000 years old. I love the flaking on that one, especially the deep flakes taken to form the notches. I would bet the base is ground a bit on that one. Congratulations !

I concur, something from the early archaic.
 
Real nice early archaic Kirk notched point IMO, I would date it at 7,000-9,000 years old. I love the flaking on that one, especially the deep flakes taken to form the notches. I would bet the base is ground a bit on that one. Congratulations !
THanks for the info! I too am in awe of the flake work
 
What a true beauty
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom