What's new

nice pink

unclemac

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
8,035
Reaction score
9,234
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I found this little feller right next to a pair of kayaks that my neighbor had pulled up in the sand past the high tide mark. It was sitting out plain as day on top of the latest tide-gravel-line in full view, but as usual...on a really empty beach...even in August. Private land as always.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00970.webp
    DSC00970.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 160
Upvote 0
Beautiful little find!
 
That is a nice one. In what part of the country was it found.
 
It's always surprising to find a point out in the open! Nice color!
 
Sweet looking little point!
 
Nice arrowhead, neat material.
 
What is it made from? You must have good eyes to see that.
 
it is an agate, some sort of chalcedony. Most of what i find is agate or jasper, very little obsidian and some dacite.
 
it is a true "arrowhead" too, historic phase what we call a Wallula Gap.
 
Love that point. A find like that I would take any day.
 
That is a beautiful one and a real arrow head. I like how they made a stem on them in your area. Nice.
 
it is an agate, some sort of chalcedony. Most of what i find is agate or jasper, very little obsidian and some dacite.

Can you show an example of the Dacite Id like to see the color of it. No obsidian here but Im sure I find all of the other 3.
 
Can you show an example of the Dacite Id like to see the color of it. No obsidian here but Im sure I find all of the other 3.

here you go...black like Haida argillite
 

Attachments

  • DSC08604.webp
    DSC08604.webp
    660.1 KB · Views: 62
Thanks for the example I find so many different types of black Im sure I have that type to. Just no obsidian here as far as I know. Beauty
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom