What's new

nice thimble think its sliver anyone know? smashed bullet

johnnyrum

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
24
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20151006_220737.webpAfter work got about 45 mins of hunting in and was well worth it...
 

Attachments

  • 20151006_193640.webp
    20151006_193640.webp
    152.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 20151006_193756.webp
    20151006_193756.webp
    132.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 20151006_220818.webp
    20151006_220818.webp
    166.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Upvote 12
The thimble really does look silver. Is it still full of dirt, as there might be a marking there. Speaking of markings, is that "7" the only marking on the entire outside?

And that is still a very nice find. I've never found one.
 
The thimble really does look silver. Is it still full of dirt, as there might be a marking there. Speaking of markings, is that "7" the only marking on the entire outside?

Yes, is there any other markings or stamps? It totally looks like it's silver. It's beautiful in great shape. Way better shape than my silver thimble I recently found.
 
Most certainly silver! Inside bottom is where it should be marked. Then you can date it from those markings. Great find
 
Yes its silver, and a damn nice one to congrats....:icon_thumright:
 
Def looks silver I can see some etching on the sides of it...I've also seen aluminum thimbles too but I'm pretty sure that's silver!
 
Congratz on an awesome thimble! I'm still looking for my first!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom