What's new

Nicest nickel I ever dug

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
6,035
Reaction score
7,428
Golden Thread
1
Location
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for my first proper hunt since getting back from England. Pretty bleak to say the least, but it was beautiful outside.

I dug a lot of crap, but I did manage to find this nickel. We all know how nickels usually come out of the ground, so I was surprised to see this one clean up so well. Just running water and a soft cloth. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1461181835.572113.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1461181865.114403.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1461181892.252386.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1461181922.032186.webp
 
Upvote 20
Nice, that held up well!
 
Congratz! It cleaned up quite well.
 
Thats a cool looking nickel
 
Love the Big Five's and that's a beauty! Congrats!
 
Thanks guys. It's a nice nickel, but I admit I need some new hunting spots. I miss the days of coming home with more than two coins in 5 hours lol
 
What strikes me is the quality that the Canadian nickels have...I got a bunch from the 20's and 30's, they all look like they were just minted. Buffalo's and early Jefferson's? Garbage compared to yours....
 
Never seen one of those before... like the design a lot!

Congrats :icon_thumright:
 
What strikes me is the quality that the Canadian nickels have...I got a bunch from the 20's and 30's, they all look like they were just minted. Buffalo's and early Jefferson's? Garbage compared to yours....

Yes they are a nice coin, as far as nickels go. Usually when I dig this type of nickel they are a bit corroded and usually pitted. Many are sort of eaten away a bit.

I always love finding these. In 1937 they switched to a new and boring design.
 
Sweet! Great condition.
 
Pretty, good save! :-)
 
Canada sure made some good looking coins.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom