What's new

Nickel Finding Fool

Old Dude

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
8,838
Reaction score
9,870
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wayne County, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. I decided to get out and try an old farm house this morning that I could never catch anyone home before. The nice lady that came to the door today didn't hesitate and said sure! The very first target was the shield nickel. About 4 feet away came the buff. I thought this was going to be an extraordinary hunt and I would get a trifecta since the yard is HUGE and I had only spent 4 or 5 minutes so far. Wrong! Only other coins were a toasty wheat and a clad dime lol. I did get a couple neat relics including the wick adjuster from a kerosene lamp ( when I was a boy, we called them coal oil lamps! ), and the neat old clip that I assume is a suspender clip. Anyone have input toward it? The lady said her grandfather built the house a little over 100 years ago, but I believe the farm is quite a bit older. She said they always find a lot of broken pottery in the adjacent field that was already planted.
I decided to include pics from an earlier hunt too that gave me the ornate little adjustable bracelet. I thought it was pretty neat. Anyone seen one like it?
Thanks for looking.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433441601.903623.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433441643.904748.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433441692.676944.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433441754.394726.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433441799.534629.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433441848.965912.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433441889.231811.webp
 
Upvote 36
Sling, I don't know if it's the age or a geographical thing. I am 53 but grew up in south central Ky right on the border with Tn. Everyone called it that back then, at least in that area of the world, Thanks!
 
Dave, please don't give TBD more fuel for the fire lol. Napkin ring huh? I had not thought of that. You just might be right. It is the right size. I just don't think I have seen an open ended one ( adjustable by squeezing ), but that is a very good possibility. Thanks for that!

<-------Come on OD Im playing nice. I even trimmed my moustache because of Abe.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom